Home Energy Management Using Social Spider and Bacterial Foraging Algorithm
Electricity is a controllable and convenient form of energy. In this paper we discus about the electricity control. In current years Demand Side Management (DSM) techniques are designed. For residential and commercial sectors. These techniques are very effective to control the load profile of customer in grid area network. In this paper we use two optimization techniques: Harmony Search Algorithm (HSA) and Firefly Algorithm (FA). In our work we categorize smart appliances in three different categories on the basis of their energy consumption. For energy pricing we use Time of Use (ToU)pricing signal. Simulation result verify our adopted approach significantly reduce the cost without compromise the user comfort.
- 4.Ma, J., et al.: Residential load scheduling in smart grid: A cost efficiency perspective. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 7(2), 771–784 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhu, Z., et al.: An integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart grid. In: 2012 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT). IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 11.Moghaddam, M.H.Y., et al.: On the performance of distributed and cloud-based demand response in smart grid. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid PP(99), 1 (2017)Google Scholar
- 13.Yang, X.-S.: Nature-Inspired Metaheuristic Algorithms. Luniver Press, Beckington (2008)Google Scholar
- 14.Ali, N., et al.: A review of firefly algorithm. ARPN J. Eng. Appl. Sci. 9(10) (2014)Google Scholar