On Acoustic Comfort in Urban Transport on Rails
An important part of urban transport is performed using rail vehicles that, consequently, represent a major source of urban noise. This noise affects both people inside and outside the vehicle. In the paper we present the results obtained in investigating the acoustic comfort from rail vehicles in urban transportation system. In this respect, there are investigated the noise sources, the generated acoustic field, the noise level, the degree of discomfort, and some measures to increase the level of acoustic comfort are established.
- 1.M. Grumazescu, A. Stan, N. Wegener, V. Marinescu, Combating the noise and vibration in technics, Ed. Tehnica, Bucharest, 1964Google Scholar
- 2.E.I. Iudin, Isolation against noise, Ed. Tehnica. (Bucharest, 1968)Google Scholar
- 3.M. Gafitanu, V. Merticaru, L. Bilborosch, Noise and vibration, Ed. Junimea. (Iasi, 1980)Google Scholar
- 4.M. Toader, L. Brindeu, V. Bacria, N. Herisanu, C. Stefan, Noise and vibration produces by trams, ICCA Conference, 2nd edn. (Timisoara, 2002), pp. 455–460Google Scholar
- 5.STAS 10009-88, Urban acoustics. Admissible limits of noise levels Google Scholar
- 6.ISO 1996-2:2007, Acoustics—description, measurement and assessment of environmental noise—Part 2: determination of environmental noise levelsGoogle Scholar