Demand Side Management Using Meta-Heuristic Optimization Techniques
In this paper, we present a Home Energy Management System (HEMS) using two meta-heuristic optimization techniques: Bacterial Foraging Optimization Algorithm (BFOA) and Bat Algorithm (BA). HEMS will provide different services to end user to manage and control their energy usage with time of use. The proposed model used for load scheduling between peak hour and off-peak hour. In this regard, we perform appliances scheduling to manage the frequent demand from the consumer. The aim of the proposed scheduling is to minimize peak to average ratio and the cost while having some trade-off in user comfort to achieve an optimal management of load. Simulation results show that the BA outperform than BFOA in selected performance parameters.
- 2.Bahmani-Firouzi, B., Azizipanah-Abarghooee, R.: Optimal sizing of battery energy storage for micro-grid operation management using a new improved bat algorithm. Int. J. Electr. Power Ener. Syst. 56, 4254 (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Bin, N., Nawi, M., Atika, N., Razali, B., Rehman, M.Z., Khan, A.: Echo-location in bat algorithm. ARPN J. Eng. Appl. Sci. 11(22), 13252–13258 (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Rehman, N., Rahim, H., Ahmad, A., Khan, Z.A., Qasim, U., Javaid, N.: Heuristic algorithm based energy management system in smart grid (2016)Google Scholar
- 15.Zhu, Z., Tang, J., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W.H., Fan, Z.: An integer linear pro-gramming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart grid. In: 2012 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), p. 15 (2012)Google Scholar
- 16.Priya Esther, B., Shivarama Krishna, K., Sathish Kumar, K., Ravi, K.: Demand side management using bacterial foraging optimization algorithm. In: Information Systems Design and Intelligent Applications, pp. 657–666, Springer India (2016)Google Scholar