Efficient Energy Management System Using Firefly and Harmony Search Algorithm
In this paper, performance of energy management controller (EMC) based on meta-heuristic algorithms: Harmony Search Algorithm (HSA) and Firefly Algorithm (FA) are evaluated. Critical peak pricing (CPP) scheme is implemented to calculate the electricity cost. Appliances are categorized into three groups on the basis of power consumption. Electricity cost minimization and electricity load shifting from peak hours towards off peak hours are the main objectives of the paper. In simulation results, adopted approach reduces the Peak to Average Ratio (PAR) and total electricity cost. Furthermore, HSA shows better results than FA in terms of PAR and electricity cost.
- 3.Molderink, A., et al.: Domestic energy management methodology for optimizing efficiency in smart grids. PowerTech, 2009 IEEE Bucharest. IEEE (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhou, Y., et al.: Home energy management with PSO in smart grid. In: 2014 IEEE 23rd International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE). IEEE (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Dethlefs, T., Preisler, T., Renz, W.: Ant-colony based self-optimization for demand-side-management. Conference: SmartER Europe, Essen (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhu, Z., Tang, J., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W.H., Fan, Z.: An integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart grid. In: 2012 IEEE PES in Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), pp. 15. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 18.Huang, Y., et al.: Chance constrained optimization in a home energy management system. IEEE Trans, Smart Grid (2016)Google Scholar
- 21.Yang, X.-S.: Firefly Algorithms for Multimodal Optimization. International symposium on stochastic algorithms. Springer, Berlin (2009)Google Scholar