Real Time Pricing Based Appliance Scheduling in Home Energy Management Using Optimization Techniques
In this paper, appliance scheduling scheme is proposed for residential area. Different types of heuristic and meta-heuristic optimization techniques are being used to solve the general problem of electricity demand. In this paper, a unique swarm based optimization technique Elephant Herding Optimization (EHO) is used to manage the electricity demand in order to manage the single home appliances in such a way that reduction of electricity cost is achieved and certain point of user comfort. For this purpose Real Time Pricing (RTP) scheme is used in this paper for electricity cost. To validate the effectiveness of proposed scheme simulations are performed. The results of EHO are compared with the results of Enhanced Differential Evolution (EDE). The simulations show that proposed scheme i.e. EHO provide best optimal results in achieving the minimum electricity cost and user comfort at certain point.
- 5.Zhu, Z., Tang, J., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W.H., Fan, Z.: An integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart grid. In: Proceedings of Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), 2012 PES, p. 15. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 10.Yu, M., Hong, S.H.: A real-time demand-response algorithm for smart grids: a stackelberg game approach. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 7(2), 879–888 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Zhu, Z., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W.H.: A game theoretic optimization framework for home demand management incorporating local energy resources. IEEE Trans. Ind. Inf. 11(2), 353–362 (2015)Google Scholar
- 12.Wu, X., Hu, X., Yin, X., Moura. S.: Stochastic optimal energy management of smart home with PEV Energy storage. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.Wang, G., Deb S., Coelho, L.: Elephant herding optimization. In: International Symposium on Computational and Business Intelligence (2015)Google Scholar