Logistics has unique features that distinguish it from other real estate assets and have an impact on the performance and the risk of the investment. Direct real estate investments in this type of assets have different performance with respect to other real estate asset classes and there are opportunities related to a diversification strategy. Indirect real estate investments may benefit from considering logistics among the investment opportunities and results hold for fully specialized REITs.
KeywordsREITs Diversification strategy Performance
- Byrne, P., & Lee, S. (1997). Real estate portfolio analysis under conditions Of Non-normality: The case of NCREIF. Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management, 3(1), 37–46.Google Scholar
- Coleman, M. S., & Mansour, A. (2005). Real estate in the real world: Dealing with Non-normality and risk in an asset allocation model. Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management, 11(1), 37–53.Google Scholar
- Cushman., & Wakefield. (2017). Winning in Growth Cities 2016/2017, www.cushmanandwakefield.com. Accessed August 1st 2017.
- PwC. (2016). Emerging Trends Europe 2016, www.pwc.com. Accessed August 1st 2017.
- Real Capital Analytics. (2017). European Logistics Sector Keeps Delivering as Retail Disappoints, www.rcanalytics.com. Accessed August 1st 2017.