Tech United Eindhoven Middle Size League Winner 2016
The Tech United Eindhoven Mid-size league (MSL) team won the 2016 Championship in Leipzig. This paper describes the main progress we made in 2016 which enabled this success. Recent progress in software includes improved perception methods using combined omnivision of different robots and integrating the Kinect v2 camera onto the robots. To improve the efficiency of shots at the opponents’ goal, the obstacle detection is improved. During the tournament new defensive strategies were developed as an answer to the advanced attacking strategies that were seen during the round robins. Several statistics of matches during the tournament show the overall performance of Tech United at RoboCup 2016.
KeywordsRoboCup soccer Middle-size league Cooperative sensing Multi-network extension Kinect
- 3.Microsoft. Kinect v2 technical specifications. https://dev.windows.com/en-us/kinect/hardware
- 4.Tech United Eindhoven MSL. Tech United Eindhoven Team Description 2014 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.NVIDIA: Jetson tk1 technical specifications. http://www.nvidia.com/object/jetson-tk1-embedded-dev-kit.html
- 7.Almeida, L., Santos, F., Facchinetti, T., Pedreiras, P., Silva, V., Lopes, L.S.: Coordinating distributed autonomous agents with a real-time database: the CAMBADA project. In: Aykanat, C., Dayar, T., Körpeoğlu, İ. (eds.) ISCIS 2004. LNCS, vol. 3280, pp. 876–886. Springer, Heidelberg (2004). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-30182-0_88CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 8.Kuijpers, W., Neves, A.J.R., van de Molengraft, R.: Cooperative sensing for 3D ball positioning in the RoboCup middle size league. In: Robocup 2016: Robot World Cup XX, Accepted for Publication (2016)Google Scholar