A General Swarm Intelligence Model for Continuous Function Optimization
- 2.5k Downloads
We consider a general form of the swarm intelligence as a function optimization tool. This form is derived from a basis of mathematical swarming differential equation model, where several parameters are included in the model. These parameters are corresponding to a repulsion effect, an attractive effect and a gradient direction. We mainly consider a repulsion effect and unknown gradient estimation in this study. The nature of the proposed model by some typical numerical simulation results is described. Then, the numerous simulation results show that the behaviors of the swarm will change significantly, for example, aggregation and clustering by parameter setting. We are able to see basic behaviors of the swarm intelligence by the introduced model, the model could give us the insight to understand search behavior of swarm intelligence.
KeywordsFunction optimization Differential equation model Swarm intelligence
Satoru Iwasaki and Heng Xiao are supported by JPSS program for Leading Graduate Schools, and a part of this study is supported by JPSS KAKENHI Grant number 15K00338.
- 1.Kennedy, J., Kennedy, J.F., Eberhart, R.C., Shi, Y.: Swarm Intelligence. Morgan Kaufmann, Burlington (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Yang, X.-S.: Nature-inspired Metaheuristic Algorithms. Luniver Press, Frome (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.Kennedy, J., Eberhart, R.C.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 4, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar
- 8.Uchitane, T., Yagi, A.: Optimization scheme based on differential equation model for animal swarming. Sci. Res. Publ. 2, 45–51 (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Yang, X.-S., Deb, S., Thomas, H., Xingshi, H.: Attraction and diffusion in nature-inspired optimization algorithms. Neural Comput. Appl. 1–8 (2015). doi: 10.1007/s00521-015-1925-9