The Flexible Group Spatial Keyword Query
- 854 Downloads
We propose the flexible group spatial keyword query and algorithms to process three variants of the query in the spatial textual domain: (i) the group nearest neighbor with keywords query, which finds the data object that optimizes the aggregate cost function for the whole group Q of size n query objects, (ii) the subgroup nearest neighbor with keywords query, which finds the optimal subgroup of query objects and the data object that optimizes the aggregate cost function for a given subgroup size m (\(m \le n\)), and (iii) the multiple subgroup nearest neighbor with keywords query, which finds optimal subgroups and corresponding data objects for each of the subgroup sizes in the range [m, n]. We design query processing algorithms based on branch-and-bound and best-first paradigms. Finally, we conduct extensive experiments with two real datasets to show the efficiency of the proposed algorithms.
This research is partially supported by the ICT Division, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Jianzhong Qi is supported by The University of Melbourne Early Career Researcher Grant (project number 603049).
- 1.Ali, M.E., Khan, S.-u.-I., Khan, S.M.S., Nasim, M.: Spatio-temporal keyword search for nearest neighbour queries. J. Locat. Based Serv. 9(2), 113–137 (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.Cao, X., Cong, G., Jensen, C.S., Ooi, B.C.: Collective spatial keyword querying. In: SIGMOD, pp. 373–384 (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.Cong, G., Jensen, C.S., Wu, D.: Efficient retrieval of the top-k most relevant spatial web objects. PVLDB 2(1), 337–348 (2009)Google Scholar
- 6.Guttman, A.: R-trees: a dynamic index structure for spatial searching. In: SIGMOD, pp. 47–57 (1984)Google Scholar
- 8.Li, Y., Li, F., Yi, K., Yao, B., Wang, M.: Flexible aggregate similarity search. In: SIGMOD, pp. 1009–1020 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, Z., Lee, K.C., Zheng, B., Lee, W.-C., Lee, D., Wang, X.: IR-tree: an efficient index for geographic document search. TKDE 23(4), 585–599 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, D., Chee, Y.M., Mondal, A., Tung, A.K., Kitsuregawa, M.: Keyword search in spatial databases: Towards searching by document. In: ICDE, pp. 688–699 (2009)Google Scholar