Gemini fully operational
Part of the Springer Praxis Books book series (PRAXIS)
“It was a truly excellent
engineering test flight of the vehicle.”
John Young, Forever Young (2012).
- 1.MSC Round Up, April 2, 1965, Volume 4, No. 12, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 2.Failure is Not an Option, Gene Kranz, Simon & Schuster, 2000, pp. 130-131.Google Scholar
- 3.Astronautics and Aeronautics 1965, NASA SP-4006, 1966, pp. 150-151.Google Scholar
- 4.Manned Space Flight Experiments Symposium, Gemini Missions III and IV, held at the Auditorium of the Museum of Natural History, Washington D.C. October 18-19, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.Synergistic Effect of Zero G and Radiation on White Blood Cells, an Experiment for the Gemini III Manned Space Flight, in the Annual Report Period Ending June 30, 1965 prepared by M. A. Bender, Biology Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee, August 1966. ORNL-TM-1550; also, The Gemini 3 S-4 Spaceflight-Radiation Interaction Experiment, by M.A. Bender, P.C. Gooch and S. Kondo, in Radiation Research Volume 31 Number 1. May 1967 pp. 91-111.Google Scholar
- 6.Evaluation and Test Report of Changing from Single-Point Suspension to Two-Point Suspension, Gemini Program Mission Report, Gemini 3 Supplementary Report 9, prepared by McDonnell Aircraft Corporation, St. Louis, Missouri for the GT-3 Mission Evaluation Team, NASA MSC Houston, Texas, MSC-G-R-65-2 June 1965. From the McDonnell Final Report 0523-055.18 dated June 30, 1965.Google Scholar
- 7.NASA JSC Oral History Project, Alan M. Rochford, September 15, 1998Google Scholar
- 8.On the Shoulders of Titans, A History of Project Gemini , Barton C. Hacker and James M. Grimwood, NASA SP-4203, 1977, p. 237.Google Scholar
- 9.Deke! Donald K. Slayton with Michael Cassutt, Forge Books, 1994, p. 149Google Scholar
- 10.Moonshot: The Inside Story of America’s Apollo Moon Landings, Alan Shepard and Deke Slayton, with Jay Barbree, Turner Publishing Company, 1994, pp. 179-180.Google Scholar
- 11.Schirra’s Space, Walter M. ‘Wally’ Schirra, with Richard N. Billings, U.S. Naval Institute Press, 1988, p. 149.Google Scholar
- 12.Forever Young: A Life of Adventure in Air and Space, John Young with James R. Hansen, University Press of Florida, 2012, pp. 84-85Google Scholar
- 13.Astronautics and Aeronautics, 1966, p. 338.Google Scholar
- 14.Coming Home, Re-entry and Recovery for Space, Roger D. Launius and Dennis R. Jenkins, NASA Aeronautics Book Series, 2012, pp. 62-69; e-book https://www.nasa.gov/connect/ebooks/coming_home_detail.html.
- 15.Gemini 3, A Field Guide to American Spacecraft, Jim Gerard, www.amerianspacecraft.com last accessed January 5, 2017.
© Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018