Simulation of Two-Way Interaction between Blood Flow and Wall in Human Vessel
The purpose of this work is to study the basic hemodynamic parameters and prediction of changes in the blood flow through the vessel carotid artery with pathological changes of the geometry by means of mathematical modeling. In this paper, this problem is considered on the example of a real vessel of the carotid artery, which images were made by magnetic resonance tomograph. With the presented methods able to calculate various hemodynamic parameters that are difficult to measure non-invasive. The work shows that modeling of geometric variations in the vessel mathematical model enables to visualize and anticipate complications nature.
KeywordsMathematical modeling Hemodynamic Aneurysm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Skobtsov Yu.A., Rodin Yu.V., Overco V.S. Modeling and visualization of blood flow behavior in pathological processes (2008).Google Scholar
- 2.Xu Bai-Nan, Wang Fu-Yu, Liu Lei, Zhang Xiao-Jun, JuHai-Yue. Hemodynamics model of fluid—solid interaction ininternal carotid artery aneurysms.//Neurosurg. Rev. Vol.34(1). pp.39-43 (2011).Google Scholar
- 3.Hassan T., Ezura M., Timofeev E.V., Tominaga T., Saito T., Takahashi A., Takayama K., Yoshimoto T. Computational Simulation of Therapeutic Parent Artery Occlusion to Treat Giant Vertebrobasilar Aneurysm. // Am. J. Neurorad. Vol.25(1). P.63-68 (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.Sforza D.M. Putman C.M. Cebral J.R. Haemodynamics of Cerebral Aneurysm. // Annu Rev Fluid. Mech. January 1. Vol.41. P. 91-107 (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.Oshima M., Kobayashi T., Takagi K., Tezduyar T. Fluid—structure interaction modeling of blood flow and cerebral aneurysm: Significance of artery and aneurysm shapes.// Computer Methods in applied Mechanics and Engineering. Vol. 198 (45-46). P.3613-3621 (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.Zheng C, Xia Y, Pan Y, Chen J Automated Identification of Dementia Using Medical Imaging: A Survey from a Pattern Classification Perspective // Brain Informatics (2015).Google Scholar
- 7.Yogesh Rao, Nisha Sarwade, Roshan Makkar,”Denoising and Enhancement of Medical Images Using Wavelets in LabVIEW”, International Journal of Image, Graphics and Signal Processing(IJIGSP), vol.7, no.11, pp.42-47, 2015.DOI: 10.5815/ijigsp.2015.11.06
- 8.Manoj Kumar, Manoj Diwakar,”A New Locally Adaptive Patch Variation Based CT Image Denoising”, International Journal of Image, Graphics and Signal Processing(IJIGSP), Vol.8, No.1, pp.43-50, 2016.DOI: 10.5815/ijigsp.2016.01.05