Generalized Net Modelling of the Intuitionistic Fuzzy Evaluation of the Quality Assurance in Universities
In the paper is proposed a method for evaluation of the quality assurance in universities and scientific organizations. The evaluation of the quality is based on criteria, which measure different aspects of university activities and consists of different sub-criteria. For the assessment the theory of intuitionistic fuzzy sets is used. The obtained intuitionistic fuzzy estimations reflect the degree of each criterion’ satisfaction, and non-satisfaction. We also consider a degree of uncertainty that represents such cases wherein is no information about sub-criteria of the current criterion. The generalized model gives possibility for algorithmization of the methodology of forming the quality evaluations is constructed. It provides the possibility for the algorithmization of the process of forming the evaluation of the quality assurance in universities.
KeywordsGeneralized nets Intuitionistic fuzzy sets University quality
The authors are thankful for the support provided by the Bulgarian National Science Fund under Grant Ref. No. DN-02/10 “New Instruments for Knowledge Discovery from Data, and their Modelling”.
- 5.Melo-Pinto, P., Kim, T., Atanassov, K., Sotirova, E., Shannon, A., Krawczak, M.: Generalized net model of e-learning evaluation with intuitionistic fuzzy estimations. In: Issues in the Representation and Processing of Uncertain and Imprecise Information, Warszawa, pp. 241–249 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Shannon, A., Langova-Orozova, D., Sotirova, E., Petrounias, I., Atanassov, K., Krawczak, M., Melo-Pinto, P., Kim, T.: Generalized Net Modelling of University Processes. KvB Visual Concepts Pty Ltd, Monograph No. 7, Sydney (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Shannon, A., Atanassov, K., Sotirova, E., Langova-Orozova, D., Krawczak, M., Melo-Pinto, P., Petrounias, I., Kim, T.: Generalized Nets and Information Flow Within a University, Warsaw School of Information Technology, Warszawa (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Shannon, A., Sotirova, E., Petrounias, I., Atanassov, K., Krawczak, M., Melo-Pinto, P., Kim, T.: Intuitionistic fuzzy estimations of lecturers’ evaluation of student work. In: First International Workshop on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets, Generalized Nets & Knowledge Engineering, University of Westminster, London, pp. 44–47, 6–7 September 2006Google Scholar
- 9.Shannon, A., Sotirova, E., Petrounias, I., Atanassov, K., Krawczak, M., Melo-Pinto, P., Kim, T.: Generalized net model of lecturers’ evaluation of student work with intuitionistic fuzzy estimations. In: Second International Workshop on Intuitionistic Fuzzy Sets, Banska Bystrica, Slovakia, 3 December 2006, Notes on IFS, vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 22–28 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.Shannon, A., Sotirova, E., Atanassov, K., Krawczak, M., Melo-Pinto, P., Kim, T.: Generalized Net Model for the Reliability and Standardization of Assessments of Student Problem Solving with Intuitionistic Fuzzy Estimations, Developments in Fuzzy Sets, Generalized Nets and Related Topics. Applications, vol. 2, System Research Institute, Polish Academy of Science, pp. 249–256 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.Shannon, A., Dimitrakiev, D., Sotirova, E., Krawczak, M., Kim, T.: Towards a Model of the Digital University: Generalized Net Model of a Lecturer’s Evaluation with Intuitionistic Fuzzy Estimations, Cybernetics and Information Technologies, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, vol. 9, No 2, pp. 69–78 (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area. http://www.enqa.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/ESG_2015.pdf