Certified Reduced Basis Method for Affinely Parametric Isogeometric Analysis NURBS Approximation
In this work we apply reduced basis methods for parametric PDEs to an isogeometric formulation based on NURBS. We propose an integrated and complete work pipeline from CAD to parametrization of domain geometry, then from full order to certified reduced basis solution. IsoGeometric Analysis (IGA), as well as reduced basis methods for parametric PDEs growing research themes in scientific computing and computational mechanics. Their combination enhances the solution of some class of problems, especially the ones characterized by parametrized geometries. This work shows that it is also possible for some class of problems to deal with affine geometrical parametrization combined with a NURBS IGA formulation. In this work we show a certification of accuracy and a complete integration between IGA formulation and parametric certified greedy RB formulation by introducing two numerical examples in heat transfer with different parametrization.
- 2.F. Chinesta, A. Huerta, G. Rozza, K. Willcox, Model Order Reduction. Encyclopedia of Computational Mechanics (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2016)Google Scholar
- 7.J.S. Hesthaven, G. Rozza, B. Stamm, Certified Reduced Basis Methods for Parametrized Partial Differential Equations. Springer Briefs in Mathematics (Springer, Berlin, 2015)Google Scholar
- 9.D.B.P. Huynh, N.C. Nguyen, G. Rozza, A.T. Patera, rbMIT software: copyright MIT. Technology Licensing Office (2006/2007), http://augustine.mit.edu/
- 10.D.B.P. Huynh, G. Rozza, S. Sen, A.T. Patera, A successive constraint linear optimization method for lower bounds of parametric coercivity and inf-sup stability constants. C.R. Math. 345(8), 473–478 (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.A.T. Patera, G. Rozza, Reduced Basis Approximation and a Posteriori Error Estimation for Parametrized Partial Differential Equations. MIT (2007), http://augustine.mit.edu/
- 17.The MathWorks Inc. Matlab. version 188.8.131.524 (R2013a) (2013)Google Scholar