Energy Optimization Techniques for Demand-Side Management in Smart Homes
- 1k Downloads
Due to increase in population, demand of energy is increasing. To make energy demand efficient and reliable many techniques are integrated in home areas. We implemented Grey Wolf Optimization (GWO) using Time of Use (TOU) pricing scheme, to achieve an optimal balanced load and to minimize user comfort, then we compared the results of GWO and Bacterial Foraging Algorithm (BFA). The scheduling mechanism is capable of achieving the optimal operational time. Simulation results are presented to demonstrate the effectiveness of optimization techniques.
- 1.Zhu, Z., et al.: An integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart grid. In: 2012 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT). IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 3.Zhao, Z., et al.: An optimal power scheduling method for demand response in home energy management system. Autom. Auton. Syst. 8(6), 176–178 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Basit, A., et al.: Efficient and autonomous energy management techniques for the future smart homes. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Yu, C.-N., et al.: A sparse coding approach to household electricity demand forecasting in smart grids. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 8(2), 738–748 (2017)Google Scholar
- 16.Ayesha, Z., et al.: A meta-heuristic home energy management systemGoogle Scholar