Home Energy Management Using Enhanced Differential Evolution and Chicken Swarm Optimization Techniques
- 923 Downloads
Energy optimization is important aspect of smart gird (SG). SG integrates communication and information technology in traditional grid. In SG there is two-way communication between consumer and utility. It includes smart meter, Energy Management Controller (EMC) and smart appliances. Users can shift load from on peak hours to off peak hours by adapting Demand Side Management (DSM) strategies, which effectively reduce electricity cost. The objectives of this paper are the minimization of power consumption, electricity cost, reduction of Peak to Average Ratio (PAR) using Enhanced Differential Evolution (EDE) and Chicken Swarm Optimization (CSO) algorithms. For the calculation of cost Critical Peak Pricing (CPP) is used. The simulations result show that proposed schemes reduce electricity cost, reduce power consumption and PAR.
- 2.Zhu, Z., Tang, J., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W.H., Fan, Z.: An integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart grid. In: 2012 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), p. 15. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 12.Albalas, F., Khamayseh, Y., Mardini, W.: Improved appliance coordination scheme with waiting time in smart grids. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl., April 2016Google Scholar
- 13.Arafa, M., Sallam, E.A., Fahmy, M.M.: An Enhanced Differential Evolution Optimization Algorithm. IEEE (2014) ISBN 978-1-4799-3724-0/14/2014Google Scholar
- 14.Meng, X., Liu, Y., Gao, X., Zhang, H.: A new bioinspired algorithm: chicken swarm optimization. In: Advances in Swarm Intelligence, ICSI 2014, pp. 86–94 (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Collotta, M., Pau, G.: An innovative approach for forecasting of energy requirements to improve a smart home management system based on BLE. IEEE Trans. Green Commun. Networking, March 2017Google Scholar