Energy Optimization in Home Energy Management System Using Artificial Fish Swarm Algorithm and Genetic Algorithm
In this paper, we have evaluated the performance of heuristic algorithms: Genetic Algorithm (GA) and Artificial Fish Swarm Algorithm (AFSA) for Demand Side Management. Our prime focus in this paper, is to optimally schedule appliances in a smart home in such a way that the Peak to Average Ratio (PAR) and the electricity cost can be reduced. The pricing scheme used in this paper is real time pricing. Our Simulation results validate that the two nature inspired schemes successfully reduce PAR and electricity cost by transferring load of on peak hours to off peak hours. Our results also depict a trade off between electricity cost and comfort of a user.
- 1.Zhu, Z., Tang, J., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W.H., Fan, Z.: An integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart grid. In: Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), 2012 IEEE PES, pp. 1–5. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Huang, Y., Mao, S., Nelms, R.M.: Smooth scheduling for electricity distribution in the smart grid. IEEE Trans. Smart GridGoogle Scholar
- 11.Ma, J., Chen, H.H., Song, L., Li, Y.: Residential load scheduling in smart grid: a cost efficiency 483 perspective. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 7(2), 771–784 (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.Wikipedia: Energy Shortfall in India. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_India. Accessed May 2017
- 14.Wikipedia: Energy Shortfall in Pakistan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_Pakistan. Accessed May 2017
- 15.Wikipedia: Energy Shortfall in Pakistan. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_sector_in_Bangladesh. Accessed May 2017