Demand Side Management Using Chicken Swarm Optimization
In this paper, two meta-heuristic techniques Chicken Swarm Optimization (CSO) and Enhanced Differential Evolution (EDE) are used for demand side management. We have integrated Traditional Grids with Demand Side Management (DSM) We have categorized appliances in two categories; fixed and shiftable/elastic appliances. Real Time Pricing (RTP) is used for calculation of electricity cost. The objective of our work is to minimize electricity bill, increase user comfort, and reduced peak to average ratio. As the simulation results show that CSO gives better results as we compared with EDE in terms of electricity cost and waiting time.
- 1.Khalid, A., Javaid, N., Mateen, A., Khalid, B.: Demand side management using hybrid bacterial foraging and genetic algorithm optimization techniques. In: CISIS (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Zafar, A., Shah, S., Khalid, R., Hussain, S.M.: A meta-heuristic home energy management system, January 2017Google Scholar
- 4.Zhu, Z., Tang, J., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W.H., Fan, Z.: An integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in Smart Grid. IEEE (2011). 978-1-4577-2159-5/12/31.00Google Scholar
- 5.Ma, J., Chen, H., Song, L., Li, Y.: Residential load scheduling in Smart Grid: a cost efficiency perspective. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 7(2), 771–784 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Javaid, N., Javaid, S., Wadood, A., Ahmed, I., Almogren, A., Alamri, A., Niaz, I.A.: A hybrid genetic wind driven heuristic optimization algorithm for demand side management in smart grid, Version 5 February 2017, submitted to EnergiesGoogle Scholar
- 12.Samadi, P., Wong, V.W.S., Schober, R.: Load scheduling and power trading in systems with high penetration of renewable energy resources. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 7(4), July 2016Google Scholar