A Social Spider Optimization Based Home Energy Management System
Home energy management within the traditional grid is difficult, so Smart Grid (SG) is introduced by upgrading the traditional grid, i.e., adding the Information Technology (IT) and Sensors Network (SN) to traditional grids. SG manages the Demand of electricity and help in solving the electricity load management problem. Demand Side response has two parts monitoring the electricity and notify consumers about its pricing scheme and bill, this can be done using smart meters. In smart metering system homes are integrated with Energy Management Controller (EMC) which uses Demand Side Management (DSM) systems based on a optimization technique. In this paper a system is proposed which manages the load by shifting from peak hours to off peak hours, reduce electricity bill, reduce waiting time and reduce Peak to Average Ratio (PAR). For simulations we use classification consist of 3 classes of appliances, Time of Use (ToU) as our pricing signal and Social Spider Optimization (SSO) our technique. The simulations results show the achievements of the system.
- 1.In, B.S.: Smart-Grid Security Issues, 8185, February 2010Google Scholar
- 2.Kopka, H., Daly, P.W.: A Guide to LATEX, 3rd edn. Addison-Wesley, Harlow (1999)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhu, Z., Tang, J., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W.H., Fan, Z.: A n integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart grid. In: 2012 IEEE PES, Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), p. 15. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 7.Huang, Y., Wang, L., Guo, W., Kang, Q., Wu, Q.: Chance Constrained Optimization in a Home Energy Management SystemGoogle Scholar
- 11.Zhao, Z., Lee, W.C., Shin, Y., Song, K.B.: An optimal power scheduling method for demand response in home energy management system (2013)Google Scholar