Home Energy Management Using HSA, FA, BFOA Algorithms in Smart Grids
- 1.2k Downloads
In this paper, we have designed home energy management scheduler (HEMS) based on three heuristic algorithms such as, harmony search algorithm (HSA), firefly algorithm (FA) and bacteria foraging optimization algorithm (BFOA) with combination of critical peak pricing (CPP) signal model. Moreover, we are evaluating performance of above mentioned algorithms on the basis of electricity cost, peak hour scheduling, user comfort (UC) and peak to average ratio (PAR). Simulation results depict that our proposed HEMS significantly achieved targeted objectives. BFOA based HEMS outperformed FA and HSA in terms of PAR minimization, electricity cost reduction and maximization of UC.
- 1.A comparison between conventional grid and the Smart Grid. http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/pssl/drupal7_with_innTheme. Accessed 2 May 2017
- 8.Rajarajeswari, R., Vijayakumar, K., Modi, A.: Demand side management in smart grid using optimization technique for residential, commercial and industrial load. Indian J. Sci. Technol. 9(43) (2016)Google Scholar
- 13.Zafar, A., Shah, S., Khalid, R., Hussain, S.M., Rahim, H., Javaid, N.: A meta-heuristic home energy management systemGoogle Scholar
- 14.Yang, X.-S.: Firefly algorithms for multimodal optimization. In: International Symposium on Stochastic Algorithms, pp. 169–178. Springer (2009)Google Scholar
- 17.Rahim, M.H., Javaid, N., Janjua, M.B., Naeem, M., Khan, Z.A., Qasim, U.: Comparative assessment of performance for home energy management controller in smart grid. In: 2016 International Conference on Intelligent Networking and Collaborative Systems (INCoS), vol. 54(3), pp. 244–250. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar