Home Energy Management Using Social Spider and Bacterial Foraging Algorithm
- 1.1k Downloads
Electricity is a controllable and convenient form of energy and it provides power to appliances. As the population of world is increasing, the electricity demand is also increasing which leads to energy crisis. This problem can be control by using Demand Side Management (DSM) and Energy Management Scheduler (EMS). In this paper, we design EMS for residential area using two heuristic algorithms: Bacteria Foraging Algorithm (BFA) and Social Spider Optimization (SSO) algorithm. Our main objectives are to minimize electricity cost and Peak to Average Ratio (PAR). These algorithms help to shift the load from on-peak to off-peak hours. We use Real Time Price (RTP) signal for electricity bill calculation. Simulation results demonstrate that our designed EMS achieved our objectives effectively. SSO perform better in term of PAR and User Comfort (UC).
- 1.Zhang, Y., Zhao, J., Zheng, D.: Efficient and privacy-aware power injection over AMI and smart grid slice in future 5G networks. Mob. Inf. Syst. 2017, 11 (2017)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu, Z., Tang, J., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W. H., Fan, Z.: An integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart grid. In: 2012 IEEE PES, Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), pp. 1–5. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.Huang, Y., Wang, L., Guo, W., Kang, Q., Wu, Q.: Chance constrained optimization in a home energy management system. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid (2016)Google Scholar
- 14.Hamed, S.G., Aliyeh, K.: Multi-objective cost-load optimization for demand side management of aresidential area in smart grids. 13(9) (2014)Google Scholar
- 15.Di Piazza, M.C., La Tona, G., Luna, M., Di Piazza, A.: A two-stage energy management system for smart buildings reducing the impact of demand uncertainty. Energy Build. (2017)Google Scholar