Demand Side Management Using Strawberry Algorithm and Bacterial Foraging Optimization Algorithm in Smart Grid
In Home Energy Management System (HEMs), consumer has the opportunity to schedule home appliances. In this paper, we have purposed an efficient HEMs by using two heuristic techniques: Bacterial Foraging Optimization Algorithm (BFA) and Strawberry Algorithm (SBA). We divide the appliances into three categories. The primary objective of this work is electricity cost and Peak to Average Ratio (PAR) minimization. Simulation results show that our optimization schemes reduce the total electricity cost and peak to average ratio by shifting the load from on peak hours to off peak hours. Results show that BFA performs better than SBA regarding electricity cost minimization. However, a trade-off always exists between cost and user comfort.
- 3.Zafar, A., Shah, S., Khalid, R., Hussain, S.M., Rahim, H., Javaid, N.: A meta-heuristic home energy management system. In: 2017 31st International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops (WAINA), pp. 244–250. IEEE, March 2017Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu, Z., Tang, J., Lambotharan, S., Chin, W.H., Fan, Z.: An integer linear programming based optimization for home demand-side management in smart grid. In: Innovative Smart Grid Technologies (ISGT), 2012 IEEE PES, pp. 1–5. IEEE, January 2012Google Scholar
- 12.Samadi, P., Mohsenian-Rad, A.H., Schober, R., Wong, V.W., Jatskevich, J.: Optimal real-time pricing algorithm based on utility maximization for smart grid. In: 2010 First IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), pp. 415–420. IEEE, October 2010Google Scholar
- 15.Merrikh-Bayat, F.: A Numerical Optimization Algorithm Inspired by the Strawberry Plant (2014). arXiv preprint arXiv:1407.7399
- 16.Khalid, A., Javaid, N., Mateen, A., Khalid, B., Khan, Z.A., Qasim, U.: Demand side management using hybrid bacterial foraging and genetic algorithm optimization techniques. In: 2016 10th International Conference on Complex, Intelligent, and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS), pp. 494–502. IEEE, July 2016Google Scholar