Through a brief consideration of the work of Cyril Connolly, the conclusion reflects upon modernism’s knowing position at the beginning of a new historical era and upon the persistent implications of modernist treatment of masculine identity.
- ‘Literary Outlook’, Times Literary Supplement, Issue 2709, 1 January 1954, 8.Google Scholar
- Mahaffey, Vicki. Modernist Literature: Challenging Fictions. Oxford: Blackwell, 2007.Google Scholar
- Tate, Trudi. Modernism, History, and the First World War. Manchester: Manchester University Press, 1998.Google Scholar
- ‘The Eton Candle’, Times Literary Supplement, Issue 1057, 20 April 1922, 263.Google Scholar
- Winter, Jay. Sites of Memory, Sites of Mourning: The Great War in European Cultural History. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1995.Google Scholar
© The Author(s) 2017