Research Ethics Governance in the Arab Region – Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia is a monarchical state that has largely been dependent on an oil-based economy, although there have been recent efforts to diversify it economy. The government, which controls most major economic activities, has focused on expanding its healthcare, education, nuclear, construction, and tourism industries (Almalki et al. 2011).
- Future Market Insights. 2017. Saudi Arabia pharmaceutical market: supportive government reforms and rising diseases awareness to fuel revenue growth from branded pharmaceuticals in Saudi Arabia: Industry analysis and opportunity assessment, 2016–2026. Retrieved at: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/saudi-arabia-pharmaceutical-market.
- King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST). 2013. The national committee of bioethics. Retrieved at: http://www.kacst.edu.sa/ar/depts/bioethics/Pages/home.aspx.
- MCT-CRO. 2017. Saudi Arabia. Retrieved at: http://www.mct-cro.com/regional-reach/cro-saudi-arabia/.
- National Committee of Bioethics (NCBE) 2015. Implementing Regulations of ethics of research on the living Creatures. Riyadh: King Abdulaziz City of Science and Technology. Retrieved at: http://bioethics.kacst.edu.sa/Document/Regulations/Ethics-Rugl-English.aspx.
- Oxford Business Group. 2017. Health initiatives seek to expand access and improve quality of care in Saudi Arabia. Retrieved at: http://www.oxfordbusinessgroup.com/overview/hale-and-hearty-initiatives-seek-expand-access-and-improve-quality-care.
- Food, Saudi, and Drug Authority. 2013. Clinical trials requirements/guidelines. Retrieved at: http://www.sfda.gov.sa/en/drug/Clinical_Trials/Pages/Regulations,-Guidelines-and-Guidance.aspx.Google Scholar
- Food, Saudi, and Drug Authority. 2015. Regulations & requirements for conducting clinical trials on drugs. Retrieved at: http://www.sfda.gov.sa/en/drug/Clinical_Trials/Pages/Regulations,-Guidelines-and-Guidance.aspx.Google Scholar
- Ecoomics, Trading. 2017. Saudi Arabia health care expenditure. Retrieved at: https://tradingeconomics.com/saudi-arabia/health-expenditure-total-percent-of-gdp-wb-data.html.Google Scholar
- Wikipedia. 2017. Health care in Saudi Arabia. Retrieved at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_in_Saudi_Arabia.