Ethical Issues in Conducting Research in Conflict Settings in the Arab Region
Part of the Research Ethics Forum book series (REFF, volume 5)
Please check if identified section headings are okay.
KeywordsConflict Refugees Conflict-affected populations Social risks
- Goodhand, J. 2000. Research in conflict zones: Ethics and accountability. Forced Migration Review 8 (4): 12–16.Google Scholar
- Herr, K., and A. Gary. 2015. The action research dissertation: A guide for students and faculty. Thousand Oaks: Sage.Google Scholar
- High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). 2016, June 20. Global trends: Forced displacement in 2015. Available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/57678f3d4.html. Accessed 17 Sept 2017.
- Jacobsen, Karen, and Loren B. Landau. 2003. The dual imperative in refugee research: Some methodological and ethical considerations in social science research on forced migration. Disasters 27 (3).Google Scholar
- Maira, S. 2013. Research ethics: A review of relevant research literature. Retrieved from. Palestine: Birzeit.Google Scholar
- Mattox, K. 2001. The world trade center attack, author. Disaster preparedness: Health care is ready, but is the bureaucracy? Critical Care 5 (6): 323–325.Google Scholar
- McKnight, J. 1995. The careless society: Community and its counterfeits. New York: Basic Books.Google Scholar
- Mfutso-Bengo, J., F. Masiye, and A. Muula. 2008. Ethical challenges in conducting research in humanitarian crisis situations. Malawi Medical Journal : The Journal of Medical Association of Malawi. 20 (2): 46–49.Google Scholar
- ———. 2005. Community-based research partnerships: Challenges and opportunities. Journal of Urban Health 82 (2): ii3–ii11.Google Scholar
- Minkler, M., and N. Wallerstein. 2008. Community-based participatory research for health: From process to outcomes. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.Google Scholar
- Nygård, Håvard Mokleiv, and Håvard Hegre. 2015. Protracted conflict and development in the Arab Region, E/ESCWA/ECRI/2015/2 UNESCWA trends and impacts, 4. New York: United Nations.Google Scholar
- Roy, S. 1995. Gaza strip: The political economy of de-development. Washington, DC: The Institute for Palestine Studies.Google Scholar
- Schopper, D., R. Upshur, F. Matthys, et al. 2009. Research ethics review in humanitarian CONTEXTS: The experience of the independent ethics review board of Médecins Sans Frontières. PLoS Medicine 6 (7): e1000115. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pmed.1000115.
- Thomson, S. 2009. Developing ethical guidelines for researchers working in post-conflict environments. Research Report prepared for the Program on States and Security, City University of New York. Available at: http://www.statesandsecurity.org/_pdfs/Thomson.FINAL.9.16.pdf.
- Tuhiwai Smith, L. 1999. Decolonizing methodologies: Research and indigenous peoples. New York: Zed Books Ltd.Google Scholar
- Turton, D. 1996. Migrants and refugees. In In search of cool ground: War, flight, and homecoming in Northeast Africa, ed. Tim Allen, 96–110. Trenton: Africa World Press.Google Scholar
- ———. 2017, June 21. Global trends: Forced Displacement in 2016. Available at: http://www.refworld.org/docid/594aa38e0.html. Accessed 17 Sept 2017.
© Springer International Publishing AG 2017