Bayer Process Efficiency Improvement
The process efficiency has a great influence on the production yield, energy consumption, investment and operation cost in Bayer process.
The factors affecting the Bayer efficiency are particularly discussed in this paper. Reducing the molar ratio of pregnant liquor and raising the molar ratio of spent liquor and the caustic concentration of spent liquor will enhance whole output efficiency in Bayer process. Higher concentration of spent liquor will bring about higher productivity in digestion process and a higher pregnant liquor concentration will be required for reducing energy consumption at evaporation stage as well.
The key technology development to improve the Bayer efficiency in Chinese alumina production is revealed.
Keywordsalumina production Bayer process process efficiency productivity energy consumption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Qi Lijuan, Gu Songqing Wang Qingwei. “The Comprehensive Energy Saving in China Alumina Industry” Light Metals 2005 p.35–40Google Scholar
- Yang Zhongyu. “Alumina Production Processes” (in Chinese). The Metallurgical Industry Press. Beijing 1993 p.47–50Google Scholar
- K. Solymar et al. “Co-processing of Different Types of Bauxite with High Efficiency”. Light Metals 2001 p.105–111Google Scholar
- I. Anich et al. “The Alumina Technology Roadmap”. Light Metals 2002 p. 193–198Google Scholar
- Gu Songqing, Wu Jianqiang “Review on the Energy Saving Technologies Applied in Bayer Process in China” Proceedings of the 9th International Alumina Quality Workshop 2012 Perth, Australia p.379–384Google Scholar