In Chaotic Situations in Preschool Institutions, Do Leaders Reach Through the Game?
This study was conducted taking into account the chaotic situations that frequently occur in schools in Turkey. Within the scope of the study, 34 “teacfhers who work in the kindergartens in Yozgat in 2016–2017 academic year were asked about the situations that would create chaos in their classes.” Class environments are social constructs in which chaotic situations can emerge, and leaders may emerge depending on the starting points of these chaotic situations. When the circumstances are considered in this context, it is not possible to predict when a preschool class will go into chaos, who can assume the leadership role accordingly, and the consequences of these situations. Given the chaotic situations of the classes in this study, games were prepared taking into account the “processes that are expected to be drawn in the leadership profile” of Erçetin ŞŞ, Açıkalın ŞN, Bülbül MŞ (2013). A multi-dimensional approach to leadership in chaotic environments. In: Chaos and complexity theory for management: Nonlinear dynamics in the “Multidimensional Approach to Chaos Environment and Leadership” studies.
KeywordsChaotic situations Preschool institutions Leader Game
- Acuner, T. (2002). Lider Doğulur mu? Olunur mu? Standart Dergisi, Mayıs, 63–66.Google Scholar
- Adair, J. (2004). Etkili Liderlik,Liderlik Kabiliyeti Nasıl Geliştirilir. İstanbul: Babıali Kültür Yayıncılık.Google Scholar
- Aral, N. (2000). Çocuk gelişiminde oyunun önemi (p. 265). Ankara: Çağdaş Eğitim.Google Scholar
- Aydın, M. (2014). Çağdaş Eğitim Denetimi. Ankara: Gazi Kitabevi.Google Scholar
- Baker, S. B. (1995). Chaos theory in educational systems; principals’ perceptions of sensitive dependence on initial conditions. Unpublished doctoral dissertation East Tennessee State University.Google Scholar
- Dobrzanska, A. (2005). ACA Leadership development training: becoming the effective leaders of tomorrow. Corrections Today, 67, 6.Google Scholar
- Erçetin, Ş. Ş. (2000). Lider Sarmalında Vizyon. Nobel Yayıncılık Ankara.Google Scholar
- Erçetin, Ş. Ş. (2001). Yönetimde Yeni Yaklaşımlar. Ankara: Nobel Yayıncılık.Google Scholar
- Erçetin, Ş. Ş., & Kayman, E. A. (2014). How to be a quantum leader in an intelligent organization? In Ş. Ş. Erçetin & S. Banerjee (Eds.), Chaos, complexity and leadership 2012. Dordrecht: Springer.Google Scholar
- Erçetin, Ş. Ş., Açıkalın, Ş. N., & Bülbül, M. Ş. (2013). A multi-dimensional approach to leadership in chaotic environments. In S. Banerjee (Ed.), Chaos and complexity theory for management: Nonlinear dynamics (pp. 89–104). Hershey: IGI Global. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-4666-2509-9.ch005.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Erçetin, Ş. Ş., Bisaso, S. M., & Saeed, F. (2015). Understanding chaos and complexity in education systems through conceptualization of fractal properties. In Ş. Ş. Erçetin & S. Banerjee (Eds.) http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-94-007-7362-2. Chaos, complexity and leadership 2013. http://link.springer.com/bookseries/11637. Springer proceedings in complexity, Ch 12 (pp. 147–161). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-09710-7_12
- Erçetin, Ş. Ş., Hamedoğlu, M. A., & Açıkalın, S. N. (2014). Can managerial narcissism which likely leads to a chaotic process be measured? Managerial Narcissism Scale (MNS). In Ş. Ş. Erçetin & S. Banerjee (Eds.), Chaos and complexity in world politics (Vol. 7, pp. 89–104). Hershey: IGI Global.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Gleick, J. (2000). Kaos. (Çev.Fikret Üçcan) (Vol. 15, p. 8). İstanbul: Tübitak Popüler Bilim Kitapları. Baskı.Google Scholar
- Karaçay, T. (2004). Determinizm ve Kaos, Mantık, Matematik ve Felsefe II.Ulusal Sempozyumu Tema: Kaos,Assos, 21–24 Eylül.Google Scholar
- Mutlu, A., & Sakınç, İ. (2006). Yönetimde Kaos. İstanbul: İstanbul Kültür Üniversitesi Yayınları.Google Scholar
- Northouse, P. G. (2014). Liderlik Kuram Ve Uygulamaları, SAGE, 6.Baskıdan Çeviri,Sürat Yayınları.Google Scholar
- Peterson, K. D. (2001). Principals’ work, socialization, and training: Developing more effective leaders. Theory into Practice, 25, 3.Google Scholar
- Töremen, F. (2000). Kaos Teorisi ve Okul Yöneticisinin Rolü, Kuram ve Uygulamada Eğitim Yönetimi Bahar 22.Google Scholar
- Trygestad, J. (1997). Chaos in the classroom: An application of chaos theory. Roundtable Session of Chaos and Complexity Theory. American Educational Research Association. University of Minnesota. March 24–28, 1997. www.eric.ed.gov (Eric Documant: 413289).
- Vries, K. M. (2007). Liderliğin Gizemi. İstanbul: Prentice Hall Financial Times, BZD Yayın.Google Scholar