A Pre-assigned Key Management Scheme for Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks
- 801 Downloads
The studies on key management mostly are focusing on Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks (HWSN), since the security problem of HWSN is complex due to different functions of nodes. In order to solve this problem, a pre-assigned key management scheme combining Schnorr authentication is proposed for HWSN in this paper based on the asymmetric method. Simulation results show that, compared with traditional key management scheme, the proposed scheme can not only enhance the network security but reduce the storage requirements.
KeywordsHWSN Pre-assigned key management Authentication Network security Storage space
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 61302074, 61571181, Natural Science Foundation of Heilongjiang Province under Grant No. QC2013C061, Modern Sensor Technology Research and Innovation Team Foundation of Heilongjiang Province under Grant No. 2012TD007, and Postdoctoral Research Foundation of Heilongjiang Province under Grant No. LBH-Q15121.
- 1.Ye, Q.-Z., Zhang, M.-L., Lin, N.-Y.: Research on secure aggregation scheme based on stateful public key cryptology in wireless sensor networks. J. Inf. Hiding Multimed. Sig. Process. 7(5), 2073–4212 (2016)Google Scholar
- 2.Metan, J., Narasimha Murthy, K.N.: Robust and secure key management in WSN using arbitrary key deployment. In: International Conference on Emerging Research in Electronics, Computer Science and Technology, pp. 246–250 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Lu, K., Qian, Y., Hu, J.: A framework for distributed key management schemes in heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. In: IEEE International Performance Computing and Communications Conference, pp. 513–519 (2006)Google Scholar
- 4.Rahman, M., Samplli, S.: A robust pair-wise and group key management protocol for wireless sensor network. In: IEEE Globecom Workshops, pp. 1528–1532 (2010)Google Scholar
- 5.Yang, C.J., Zhou, J.M., Zhang, W.S.: Pairwise key establishment for large-scale sensor networks: from identifier-based to location-based. In: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Scalable Information Systems, pp. 55–64 (2006)Google Scholar
- 7.Sharma, V., Hussasin, M.: Node authentication in WSN using key distribution mechanism. In: International Conference on ICT in Business Industry & Government, pp. 1–7 (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Hussain, S., Kausar, F., Masood, A.: An efficient key distribution scheme for heterogeneous wireless sensor networks. In: ACM International Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing Conference, pp. 388–392 (2007)Google Scholar
- 10.Chan, H., Perrig, A., Song, D.: Random key pre-distribution schemes for sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the 2003 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, Washington, pp. 197–213 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Eschenauer, L., Gligor, V.: A key management scheme for distributed sensor networks. In: Proceedings of the 9th ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security, Washingtion, DC, pp. 41–47 (2002)Google Scholar
- 12.Kuchipudi, R., Qyser, A.A.M.: A dynamic key distribution in wireless sensor networks with reduced communication overhead. In: International Conference on Electrical, Electronic and Optimization Techniques, pp. 3651–3654 (2016)Google Scholar