Hydrocarbon Discoveries in the Eastern Mediterranean
Part of the Lecture Notes in Energy book series (LNEN, volume 60)
New hydrocarbon reserves are being developed in the region next to Turkey. This chapter will explore the prospects of monetizing new reserves in the Eastern Mediterranean hydrocarbon fields.
- Adilinis, L. (2017, January 6). Aphrodite flirts with Cairo: Egypt the only viable option for Cyprus gas sales, but high oil prices delaying project. Cyprus Weekly, 4.Google Scholar
- Baseren, H. S. (2010). Dispute over Eastern Mediterranean Maritime Jurisdiction Areas. Publication of Turkish Marine Research Foundation (TUDAV), Publication No: 31, Emrah Offset (Emrah Publishing): Istanbul.Google Scholar
- Blomberg, (2013). http://www.blomberg.com/news/2013-07-12/cyprus-studies-lng-export-expansion-beyond-12-billion-terminal.html. Accessed on: July 14, 2013.
- Ellinas, C. (2017, January 13). Dynamic energy growth: Italian powerhouse ENI has challenge ahead. Cyprus Weekly, 15.Google Scholar
- Ellinas, C. (2017, February 17). Energian—a Greek success: A road map to becoming a regional oil and gas player. Cyprus Weekly, 15.Google Scholar
- Ellinas, C. (2017, January 6). Exxon Mobil-a private empire. Cyprus Weekly, 18.Google Scholar
- Ellinas, C. (2017, March 3). Leviathan off the starting blocks. Cyprus Weekly, 18.Google Scholar
- Ellinas, C. (2017, January 27). Nobel energy-shifting priorities: Missed opportunities reduce Noble’s interest in Aphrodite. Cyprus Weekly, 18.Google Scholar
- Ellinas, C. (2017, March 10). Good news but realism should prevail: Latest gas developments will take years to bear fruit. Cyprus Weekly, 18.Google Scholar
- Ellinas, C. (2017, January 20). Total SA: solid performance. Analysing the French energy giants’s might and its Cyprus impact. Cyprus Weekly, 18.Google Scholar
- Ellinas, C. (2017, February 17). Energean—a Greek success: A road map to becoming a regional oil and gas player. The Cyprus Weekly.Google Scholar
- Ellinas, C. (2017, January 6). Total-Eni forgoe alliance: Italian and French energy giants share rights to block 11. Cyprus Weekly, 18.Google Scholar
- Gurel, A., Mullen, F. & Tzimitras, H. (2013). The Cyprus hydrocarbons issue: Context, positions and future scenarios. PCC Report 1/2013, (Peace Research Institute Oslo) PRIO Cyprus Centre.Google Scholar
- Hafner, M., & Tagliapietra, S. (2013). Globalization of natural gas markets: New challenges and opportunities for Europe. Leuven: Claeys and Casteels Publishing.Google Scholar
- IEA. (2013a). Medium term gas market report 2013. Market trends and projections to 2018. France: International Energy Agency.Google Scholar
- IEA. (2013b). Resource to reserves: Oil, gas and coal technologies for the energy markets of the future (OECD/IEA Publications 61 2012 08 1 P1). Paris: International Energy Agency.Google Scholar
- Karbuz, S. (2014). Turkey’s energy future: A quantitative assessment. European Energy Journal, 4(1), 67–70.Google Scholar
- Karbuz, S. (2016). The geopolitics of Eastern Mediterranean gas: An overview gas. http://caspiandc.org/energy/the-geopolitics-of-eastern-mediterranean-gas-an-overview/ (Accessed from the blog of Sohbet Karbuz, https://karbuz.blogspot.com. June 24, 2016).
- Lakkotrypis, Y. (2017, January 6). Aphrodite flirts with Cairo. Cyprus Weekly.Google Scholar
- Levoyannis, C., & Labreche, M. (2013). The geopolitics of energy in the Eastern Mediterranean. European Energy Journal, 3(4), 46–52.Google Scholar
- Michel, S. (2017, January 20). Drilling ahead: Total prepares to explore offshore block 11. Cyprus Weekly, 16.Google Scholar
- Middle East Economic Survey. (2013). http://www.mees.com.
- Paltsev, S., O’Sullivan, F., Lee, N., Agarwal, A., Li, M., Li, X., et al. (2013). Natural gas monetization pathways for Cyprus: Interim report—economics of project development options. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA: MIT Energy Initiative.Google Scholar
- Roberts, J. (2014). Gas in the Eastern Mediterranean: great promise but no early answers. European Energy Journal, 4(1), 71–76.Google Scholar
- http://www.businessinsider.com/r-israel-turkey-gas-pipeline-could-be-ready-in-four-y. Accessed April 24, 2017.
- http://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_direct_link.cfm/blog_id/63503/The-Triple-All. Accessed April 24, 2017).
- http://www.ihsmarkit.com/press-release/catherine-gifford/totals-offshore-cyprus-block. Accessed on April 25, 2027.
© Springer International Publishing AG 2018