Proposed Framework Application for a Quality Mobile Application Measurement and Evaluation
In order to keep the Capability Maturity Model levels four and higher, the quality of software development must be controlled by a quantification of the software development process as well as the product and the resources in the different phases. The quantification by means of software measurement needs a unified strategy, methodology or approach as one important prerequisite to guarantee the goals of quality assurance, improvement and controlled software management to be achieved. Nowadays, plenty of methods such as measurement frameworks, maturity model, goal-directed paradigms, process languages etc. exist to support this idea. However, the current approaches are based on a static view. This paper describes an Object-Oriented (OO) approach to a software measurement framework aimed at evaluating software products, software process, and resources. This approach includes the dynamic characteristics in software measurement, considering the behavior aspects of software metrics. The framework is described in principle based on some first practical applications.
KeywordsObject-oriented approach Mobile application Software measurement and evaluation
This work is supported by Catholic University of Daegu, Republic of Korea.
- 3.Chen, S., Sun, D., Miao, H.: The influence of alias and references escape on Java program analysis. In: Software Engineering Research, Management and Applications, pp. 99–111. Springer International Publishing (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Lee, M.C., Chang, T.: Software measurement and software metrics in software quality. Int. J. Softw. Eng. Appl. 7(4), 15–34 (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Sinha, B.K., Sinhal, A., Verma, B.: A software measurement using artificial neural network and support vector machine. Int. J. Softw. Eng. Appl. 4(4), 41 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Easterbrook, S.: Empirical research methods for software engineering. In: Proceedings of the Twenty-Second IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, pp. 574–574. ACM(2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Farooq, S.U., Quadri, S.M.K., Ahmad, N.: Software measurements and metrics: role in effective software testing. Int. J. Eng. Sci. Technol. (IJEST) 3(1), 671–680 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Timothy, B.: Introduction to Object-oriented Programming. Pearson Education India (2008)Google Scholar
- 10.Huang, R., Li, M., Li, Z.: Research of improving the quality of the object-oriented system. Int. J. Inf. Educ. Technol. 3(4), 433 (2013)Google Scholar
- 11.Vinayak, A.: Research Issues in Object Oriented Software Testing, 18 Jan 2017Google Scholar
- 12.Jones, C.: Applied Software Measurement: Global Analysis of Productivity and Quality. McGraw-Hill Education Group, New York (2008)Google Scholar
- 13.Rawat, M.S., Mittal, A., Dubey, S.K.: Survey on impact of software metrics on software quality. Int. J. Adv. Comput. Sci. Appl. (IJACSA) 3(1) (2012)Google Scholar
- 15.Dumke, R., Abran, A.: Software Measurement, 272 p. Springer Science & Business Media, Nov 11. Business & EconomicsGoogle Scholar
- 16.Kim, H.-K.: A Framework for Mobile Applications Quality Measurement and EvaluationGoogle Scholar