Modeling Clinic for Industrial Mathematics: A Collaborative Project Under Erasmus+ Program
Modeling Clinic for Industrial Mathematics (MODCLIM) is a Strategic Partnership for the Development of Training Workshops and Modeling Clinic for Industrial Mathematics, funded through the European Commission under the Erasmus Plus Program, Key Action 2: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices.
MODCLIM develops a project focused on mathematical technologies needed for the progress of industry and novel engineering solutions. The project pretends to contribute in addressing the challenges that industrial mathematics, as a part of the next generation of methodologies in research and development (R&D) and knowledge management, represents for university education, curriculum development, training practices and research collaboration.
MODCLIM project introduces into European higher education a novel concept in academic research training and education of industrial mathematics by combining elements from earlier successful ideas tested worldwide. It is organized in cycles, each consisting of three interconnected steps: (1) Training school, (2) Intermediate online-project, and (3) Modeling Clinic. The project’s aim is to provide an integrated learning experience for the students, thus ensuring a proper connection between these three steps.
In this paper we expose an overall idea about MODCLIM project, and a brief description of two MODCLIM cycles organized in 2015 and 2016.
We would like to acknowledge the support of the Erasmus+ Program for funding the MODCLIM project; as well as the support of all the universities and entities involved in MODCLIM project, and the collaboration of the teachers and students who have participated throughout the project.
- 1.European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry (ECMI) - Blog. http://www.ecmiindmath.org
- 2.Mathematics for Industry Network (MI-NET). http://mi-network.org
- 3.Mathematics in Industry. Study Groups with Industry (Univesity of Oxford). http://miis.maths.ox.ac.uk/
- 4.Modeling Clinic for Industrial Mathematics (MODCLIM). http://modclim.ulpgc.es
- 5.Research in Industrial Projects for Students (RIPS) summer program. http://www.ipam.ucla.edu/rips/