Numerical Methods for Optimization Problems Arising in Energetic Districts
This paper deals with the optimization of energy resources management of industrial districts, with the aim of minimizing the customer energy bill. Taking into account real time information on energy needs and production and on energy market prices, a cost function is built that should be minimized. Here we focus on the solution of the arising nonlinear constrained optimization problem. We describe the two solvers that have been employed for its solution: a Sequential Linear Programming and a Particle Swarm Optimization.
Work partially supported by INdAM-GNCS.
- 1.Byrd, R.H., Gould, N.I.M., Nocedal, J., Waltz, R.A.: An algorithm for nonlinear optimization using linear programming and equality constrained subproblems. Math. Program. 100, 27–48 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Conn, A.R., Gould, N.I.M., Toint, P.L.: Trust-Region Methods., SMPS/SIAM Series on Optimization, SIAM, Philadelphia (2000)Google Scholar
- 3.Eberhart, R.C., Kennedy, J.: Particle swarm optimization. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Ferrara, W., Riccardi, J., Sello, S.: Enel customer optimization service expert system development, Technical Report, Enel Ingegneria e Ricerca, Pisa (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.Fletcher, R., Sainz de la Maza, E.: Nonlinear programming and nonsmooth optimization by successive linear programming. Math. Program. 43, 235–256 (1989)Google Scholar
- 6.Parsopoulos K.E., Vrahatis, M.N.: Particle swarm optimization method for constrained optimization problems. In: Intelligent Technologies - Theory and Applications: New Trends in Intelligent Technologies, pp. 214–220. IOS Press, Amsterdam (2002)Google Scholar