Primary cutaneous lymphomas (PCL) encompass primary cutaneous B-cell lymphomas (PCBCL) and primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomas (PCTCL). PCL is a heterogeneous group of disorders classified by the WHO-EORTC, and the treatment varies by subtype. General principles regarding work-up and management paradigms are discussed for a subset of these diseases.
KeywordsPrimary cutaneous B-cell lymphoma Primary cutaneous T-cell lymphoma Mycosis fungoides Sézary syndrome
We thank Amy Gillis, Thomas T. Bui, and Mack Roach III for their work on the prior edition of this chapter.
- Bekkenk MW, Geelen FA, van Voorst Vader PC, et al. Primary and secondary cutaneous CD30(+) lymphoproliferative disorders: a report from the Dutch Cutaneous Lymphoma Group on the long-term follow-up data of 219 patients and guidelines for diagnosis and treatment. Blood. 2000;95(12):3653–61.Google Scholar
- Kim YH, Liu HL, Mraz-Gernhard S, et al. Long-term outcome of 525 patients with mycosis fungoides and Sezary syndrome. Arch Dermatol. 2003;139:857–66.Google Scholar
- Kim YH, Willemze R, Pimpinelli N, et al. TNM classification system for primary cutaneous lymphomas other than mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome: a proposal of the International Society for Cutaneous Lymphomas (ISCL) and the Cutaneous Lymphoma Task Force of the European Organization of Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC). Blood. 2007;110(2):479–84.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Olsen E, Vonderheid E, Pimpinelli N, et al. Revisions to the staging and classification of mycosis fungoides and Sézary syndrome: a proposal of the International Society for Cutaneous Lymphomas (ISCL) and the cutaneous lymphoma task force of the European Organization of Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC). Blood. 2007;110(6):1713–22.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Savage KJ, Harris NL, Vose JM, et al. ALK- anaplastic large-cell lymphoma is clinically and immunophenotypically different from both ALK+ ALCL and peripheral T-cell lymphoma, not otherwise specified: report from the International Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma Project. Blood. 2008;111(12):5496–504.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Senff NJ, Hoefnagel JJ, Jansen PM, et al. Reclassification of 300 primary cutaneous B-cell lymphomas according to the new WHO-EORTC classification for cutaneous lymphomas: comparison with previous classifications and identification of prognostic markers. J Clin Oncol. 2007a;25(12):1581–7.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Tkachuk DC, Hirschmann JV, Wintrobe MM. Wintrobe’s Atlas of Clinical Hematology. New South Wales: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2007.Google Scholar