This chapter will discuss the epidemiology, workup, treatment, and follow-up for gastric cancer.
We thank Charlotte Dai Kubicky MD, PhD, and Jennifer S. Yu, MD, for their work on the prior edition of this chapter.
- Al-Batran S-E, Homann N, Schmalenberg H, et al. Perioperative chemotherapy with docetaxel, oxalipatin, and fluorouracil/leucovorin (FLOT) versus epirubicin, cisplatin, and fluorouracil or capecitabine (ECF/ECX) for resectable gastric or gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma (FLOT4-AIO): a multicenter, randomized phase 3 trial. J Clin Oncol. 2017;35(15_suppl):4004.Google Scholar
- Fuchs CS, Tepper JE, Niedzwiecki D, et al. Postoperative adjuvant chemoradiation for gastric or gastroesophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma using epirubicin, cisplatin, and infusional (CI) 5-FU (ECF) before and after CI 5-FU and radiotherapy (CRT) compared with bolus 5-FU/LV before and after CRT: intergroup trial CALGB 80101. J Clin Oncol. 2011. ASCO Annual Meeting Abstracts Part 1;29:4003.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Leong T, Smithers BM, Haustermans K, et al. TOPGEAR: a randomized, phase III trial of perioperative ECF chemotherapy with or without preoperative chemoradiation for resectable gastric cancer: interim result from an international, intergroup trial of the AGITG, TROG, EORT and CCTG. Ann Surg Oncol. 2017;24(8):2252–8.Google Scholar
- Leong T, Smithers BM, Michael M, et al. TOPGEAR: a randomized phase III trial of perioperative ECF chemotherapy versus preoperative chemoradiation plus perioperative ECF chemotherapy for resectable gastric cancer (an international, intergroup trial of the AGITG/TROG/EORTC/NCIC CTG). BMC Cancer. 2015;15:532.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Clinical practice guidelines in oncology: gastric cancer. Available at: http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/PDF/gastric.pdf. Accessed 15 Jan 2017.
- Park SH, Son TS, Lee J, et al. Phase III trial to compare adjuvant chemotherapy with capecitabine and cisplatin versus concurrent chemoradiotherapy in gastric cancer: final report of the adjuvant chemoradiotherapy in stomach tumors trial, including survival and subset analyses. J Clin Oncol. 2015;33:3130–6.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Verheij M, Cats A, Jansen EPM, et al. A multicenter randomized phase III trial of neo-adjuvant chemotherapy followed by surgery and chemotherapy or by surgery and chemoradiotherapy in resectable gastric cancer: first results from the CRITICS study. ESMO World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer. Abstract LBA-02. Presented June 30, 2016.Google Scholar
© Springer International Publishing AG, part of Springer Nature 2018