Preliminary Study of Multi-modal Dialogue System for Personal Robot with IoTs
Personal robot is a new technological solution where various IoT machines collaborate and provide new type of services. In this research, we develop a cloud-network based personal robot platform technologies, which offer advanced IoT services through its cost-effective strategy. As for the man-machine interaction, two stage dialog system was implemented, i.e. local side and the cloud server side. Also the cloud server has an ability to download various IoT applications. In this study, we tested the proposed system using smartphone as one of the IoT devices using data retrieval application. Our preliminary usability test showed good overall performance, however, we found that the interaction timing needs to be improved.
Keywordsdialogue system personal robot cloud mobile IoT
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1. Tractica.: “Nearly 100 Million Consumer Robots Will be Sold During the Next 5 Years”. Tractica press release. Nov 23 (2015)Google Scholar
- 2. Ericsson.: “INTERNET OF THINGS OUTLOOK”. Ericsson Mobility Report. Nov (2016)Google Scholar
- 3. Softbank Robotics.: “Pepper, the humanoid robot from Aldebaran, a genuine companion”, https://www.ald.softbankrobotics.com/en/cool-robots/pepper
- 4. Fijisoft.: “Palro”, https://palro.jp/en/
- 5. Jibo.: “Jibo Robot”, https://www.jibo.com
- 6. Tamagawa, A., Tamamoto, K., Nakagawa, S.: Evaluation of Superiority of Robot Agent in Spoken Dialog Interface. IPSJ SIG Technical Report Vol.2013-SLP-97 No.11 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7. Julius.: “Julius: Open-Source Large Vocabulary Continuous Speech Recognition Engine”, https://github.com/julius-speech/julius/8.
- 8. OpenJTalk.: “Open JTalk”, http://open-jtalk.sourceforge.net
- 9. Google.: “CLOUD SPEECH API BETA Speech to text conversion powered by machine learning” https://cloud.google.com/speech/
- 10. MeCab.: “MeCab MeCab: Yet Another Part-of-Speech and Morphological Analyzer”, http://taku910.github.io/mecab/
- 11. Yoshino, K., Mori, S., and Kawahara, T.: “Spoken Dialogue System Based on Information Extraction and Presentation Using Similarity of Predicate Argument Structures”. IPSJ SIG Technical Report Vol. 52 No. 12 (2011)Google Scholar
- 12. Kanda, T., Ishiguro, H., Ishida, T.: “Psychological Evaluation on Interactions between People and Robot”. Journal of the Robotics Society of Japan Vol. 19 No. 3 (2001)Google Scholar