Traffic Flow Prediction with Improved SOPIO-SVR Algorithm
In urban public transport, the traffic flow prediction is a classical non-linear complicated optimization problem, which is very important for public transport system. With the rapid development of the big data, Smart card data of bus which is provided by millions of passengers traveling by bus across several days plays a more and more important role in our daily life. The issue that we address is whether the data mining algorithm and the intelligent optimization algorithm can be applied to forecast the traffic flow from big data of bus. In this paper, a novel algorithm which called mixed support vector regression with sub-space orthogonal pigeon-Inspired Optimization (SOPIO-MSVR) is used to predict the traffic flow and optimize the algorithm progress. Results show the SOPIO-MSVR algorithm outperforms other algorithms by a margin and is a competitive algorithm. And the research can make the significant contribution to the improvement of the transportation.
KeywordsTraffic flow prediction SOPIO-MSVR Classification model
The research is supported by the NSFC (National Science Foundation of China) Projects (No. 61572057) in China, the National High-Tech Research and Development Plan of China under Grant No. 2015AA042101.
- 4.Dimond, M., Smith, G., Goulding, J.: Improving route prediction through user journey detection. In: Proceedings of the 21st ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems, pp. 476–479. ACM (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Jin, F., Sun, S.: Neural network multitask learning for traffic flow forecasting. In: 2008 IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence), pp. 1897–1901. IEEE (2008)Google Scholar
- 9.Levin, M., Tsao, Y.-D.: On forecasting freeway occupancies and volumes. Transp. Res. Rec. 773, 47–49 (1980)Google Scholar
- 18.Zargari, S.A., Siabil, S.Z., Alavi, A.H., Gandomi, A.H.: A computational intelligence-based approach for short-term traffic flow prediction. Expert Syst. 29(2), 124–142 (2012)Google Scholar
- 21.Van Hinsbergen, C.P., Van Lint, J.W., Sanders, F.M.: Short term traffic prediction models. Presented at the ITS World Congress, Beijing, China (2007)Google Scholar
- 25.Sun, S.: Traffic flow forecasting based on multitask ensemble learning. In: Proceedings of the 1st ACM/SIGEVO Summit Genetic Evolutionary Computation, pp. 961–964 (2009)Google Scholar
- 27.Meyer, D., Wien, F.H.T.: Support vector machines. The Interface to libsvm in package e1071 (2015)Google Scholar
- 37.Smits, G.F., Jordaan, E.M.: Improved SVM regression using mixtures of kernels. In: Proceedings of the 2002 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, IJCNN 2002, vol. 3, pp. 2785–2790. IEEE (2002)Google Scholar