Stability Analysis of Souk-Tleta Earth Dam, North Algeria
Slope stability analysis of earth dam is very important to ascertain the stability of the structure. The stability of earth dam depends on its geometry, its components, materials, water pressure and the forces to which it is subjected.
This paper presents stability analysis carried out on 95 m high “Souk Tleta earth Dam” with a crest length of about 200 m situated on the river Bougdoura in north Algeria.
The slope stability analysis of Souk Tleta earth dam has been done by Plaxis software and is used under different conditions of ground water levels to evaluate slope stability. The factor of safety is calculated for each water level.
KeywordsSlope stability Earth dam Plaxis Factor of safety
- Albtaineh, N.: Slope stability analysis using 2d and 3d methods. thesis of University of Akron (2006)Google Scholar
- Aljairry, H.: 2D-flow analysis through zoned earth dam using finite element approach. Eng. Tech. J. 28, 21 (2010)Google Scholar
- Aminpoor, M.: Stability analysis of slope, seepage and dynamic behavior in Maroon Dam by Geo-Studio, secondary national lecture of dam (2008)Google Scholar
- Gopal, P., Kiren Kumar, T.: Slope stability and seepage analysis of earthen dam of a summer storage tank: a case study by using different approaches. Int. J. Innovative Res. Adv. Eng. 1(12), 131–134 (2014)Google Scholar
- Plaxis, 2D.: Tutorial Manual, Delft University of Technology & PLAXIS bv, The Netherlands (2010)Google Scholar
- Sarma, S.K.: Stability analysis of embankments and slopes. J. Geotech. Eng. Div. ASCE 105(12), 1511–1524 (1979)Google Scholar
- Tatewar S.P., Pawade, N.L.: Stability analysis of earth dam by geostudio software. Int. J. civ. Eng. Technol. 3 (2012)Google Scholar