A Mixed Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm for the Time-of-Use Pricing Optimization
Demand side management (DSM) is proposed to solve the contradiction between supply and demand of electricity market. To avoid the peak load, time-of-use (TOU) pricing strategy plays an important role in DSM to affect the behavior of using electricity by the users. In this paper, we proposed a mixed artificial bee colony (mABC) algorithm to TOU pricing optimization. Different from traditional research which optimizes the time division and electricity price separately, we consider these two factors together and optimize them simultaneously through the proposed mABC. The experimental results on a real-world scenario show the superiority of the mABC over traditional state-of-the-art methods.
KeywordsDemand side management Swarm intelligence Artificial bee colony Mixed optimization Time-of-use pricing
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (71601028, 71671024, 71421001, 71431002). The source codes are available at http://faculty.dlut.edu.cn/li/en/article/960204/list/.
- 3.Datchanamoorthy, S., Kumar, S., Ozturk, Y., Lee, G.: Optimal time-of-use pricing for residential load control. In: 2011 IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm). pp. 375–380, IEEE (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, X., Yang, G., Kıran, M.S.: Search experience-based search adaptation in artificial bee colony algorithm. In: 2016 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC), pp. 2524–2531. IEEE (2016)Google Scholar
- 10.Min, L., Yanhui, Z., Bailin, H.: Peak and valley periods division and time-of-use price based on power generation cost. East China Electr. Power 33(12), 90–91 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Mühlenbein, H., Paaß, G.: From recombination of genes to the estimation of distributions I. Binary parameters. In: Voigt, H.-M., Ebeling, W., Rechenberg, I., Schwefel, H.-P. (eds.) PPSN 1996. LNCS, vol. 1141, pp. 178–187. Springer, Heidelberg (1996). doi: 10.1007/3-540-61723-X_982 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Ning, N.: Research on Time-of-Use Price Optimization of DSM Based on Genetic Algorithm. Tianjin University, Tianjin (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.Wei, D., Jiahai, Y., Zhaoguang, H.: Time-of-use price decision model considering users reaction and satisfaction index. Autom. Electr. Power Syst. 29(20), 10–14 (2005)Google Scholar