Applicability of Runoff Simulation in the Zhanghe Upstream Based on SWAT Model
Sequential Uncertainty Fitting-2 (SUFI-2) with ArcSWAT2009 was used to test the performance of SWAT model for predicting runoff in the Zhanghe upstream. Parameter calibration and distributed hydrologic model building for the Zhanghe upstream were performed by coupling manual and auto-calibration methods. Monthly simulation values of R2 and NSE were 0.83 and 0.79 during the calibration period, and 0.83 and 0.76 during the validation period, respectively. The results showed that SWAT model could be successfully used to model long-term continuous runoff in the study area. The calibrated model can be used for further analysis of the effects of the climate and land use change, water quality analysis and sediment yield analysis.
KeywordsRunoff simulation SUFI-2 algorithm SWAT-CUP SWAT model
This study was supported by Ministry of Water Resources’ special funds for scientific research on public causes of China (No. 201401030), Key Educational Commission of Hebei Province, China (No. ZH2012044), Youth Foundation Project of Hebei Provincial Department of Education China (No. 2017039).
- 4.Zou, J., Xie, Z., Zhan, C. et al.: Effects of anthropogenic groundwater exploitation on land surface processes: A case study of the Haihe River Basin, northern China. J. Hydrol. 524, 625–641 (2015). doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2015.03.026
- 9.Debele, B., Srinivasan, R., Yves Parlange, J.: Coupling upland watershed and downstream water hydrodynamic and water quality models (SWAT and CE-QUAL-W2) for better water resources management in complex River Basins. Environ. Model. Assess. (2006). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10666-006-9075 -1
- 13.Shrestha, B., Babel, M.S., Maskey, S., van Griensven, A., Uhlenbrook, S., Green, A., Akkharath, I.: Impact of climate change on sediment yield in the Mekong River Basin: a case study of the Nam ou Basin, Lao PDR. Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. 17, 1–20 (2013). https://doi.org/10.5194/hess-17-1-2013CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Yesuf, H.M., Assefa, M.M., Zeleke, G., Alamirew, T.: Streamflow prediction uncertainty analysis and verification of SWAT model in a tropical watershed. Environ. Earth Sci. 75, 806–820 (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12665-016-5636-z
- 20.Abbaspour, K.C.: SWAT-CUP2. SWAT Calibration and Uncertainty Programs, Version 2. 2009Google Scholar
- 21.Beven, K., Binley, A.: The future of distributed models—model calibration and uncertainty prediction. Hydrol. Process. 6, 279–298 (1992). https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.3360060305
- 22.Alamirew, C.D.: Modeling of hydrology and soil erosion in upper Awash River Basin. Univ. Bonn, Institut für Städtebau, Bodenordnung und Kulturtechnik. 223, 235–241 (2006)Google Scholar