Online Fuzzy Temporal Operators for Complex System Monitoring
Online fuzzy expert systems can be used to process data and event streams, providing a powerful way to handle their uncertainty and their inaccuracy. Moreover, human experts can decide how to process the streams with rules close to natural language. However, to extract high level information from these streams, they need at least to describe the temporal relations between the data or the events.
In this paper, we propose temporal operators which relies on the mathematical definition of some base operators in order to characterize trends and drifts in complex systems. Formalizing temporal relations allows experts to simply describe the behaviors of a system which lead to a break down or an ineffective exploitation. We finally show an experiment of those operators on wind turbines monitoring.
- 1.Barro, S., Bugarín, A., Cariñena, P., Díaz-Hermida, F., Mucientes, M.: Fuzzy temporal rule-based systems: new challenges. In: Actas del XIV Congreso Español sobre Tecnologías y Lógica Fuzzy (ESTYLF), pp. 507–514, Langreo, Spain (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Kobbacy, K.A.H.: Artificial Intelligence in Maintenance, pp. 209–231. Springer, London (2008)Google Scholar
- 5.Manaf, N.A.A., Beikzadeh, M.R.: Crisp-fuzzy representation of Allen’s temporal logic. In: Proceedings of the 25th Conference on Proceedings of the 25th IASTED International Multi-Conference: Artificial Intelligence and Applications, AIAP 2007, pp. 174–179. ACTA Press, Anaheim (2007)Google Scholar
- 8.Pereira, R.R., da Silva, V.A.D., Brito, J.N., Nolasco, J.D.: On-line monitoring induction motors by fuzzy logic: a study for predictive maintenance operators. In: 2016 12th International Conference on Natural Computation, Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery (ICNC-FSKD), pp. 1341–1346, August 2016Google Scholar
- 9.Poli, J.P., Boudet, L., Mercier, D.: Online temporal reasoning for event and data streams processing. In: FUZZ-IEEE 2016, pp. 2257–2264, July 2016Google Scholar
- 12.da Silva Vicente, S.A., Fujimoto, R.Y., Padovese, L.R.: Rolling bearing fault diagnostic system using fuzzy logic. In: 10th IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 2, pp. 816–819, December 2001. vol. 3Google Scholar