Analyzing an Ecosystem for Complex Consumer Services
Complex consumer services denote an arbitrary combination of services that fulfil a particular need based on consumer-defined context and requirements. While contemporary service environments are predominately supply-oriented and focused on the provision of single services, complex consumer services require dynamic and co-evolving networked structures (i.e., business ecosystems) to support consumers requesting and transacting such complex services. This paper outlines a consumer-oriented business ecosystem by describing its actors, primary roles, and the value exchanges between them, as well as, illustrates the structural leverage points relevant for the development and growth of such an ecosystem.
KeywordsBusiness ecosystem Complex consumer services Value networks
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bakos, Y.: The emerging role of electronic marketplaces on the Internet. Communications of the ACM (1998). http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=280330
- 3.Einav, L., Farronato, C., Levin, J.: Peer-to-peer markets. Tech. rep, National Bureau of Economic Research (2015)Google Scholar
- 4.El Sawy, O.A., Pereira, F.: Business modelling in the dynamic digital space: An ecosystem approach. Springer (2013)Google Scholar
- 5.Hitz, M., Radonjic-Simic, M., Reichwald, J., Pfisterer, D.: Generic UIs for requesting complex products within distributed market spaces in the internet of everything. In: Buccafurri, F., Holzinger, A., Kieseberg, P., Tjoa, A.M., Weippl, E. (eds.) CD-ARES 2016. LNCS, vol. 9817, pp. 29–44. Springer, Cham (2016). doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-45507-5_3 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Iansiti, M., Levien, R.: The keystone advantage: what the new dynamics of business ecosystems mean for strategy, innovation, and sustainability. Harvard Business Press (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Lusch, R.F., Nambisan, S.: Service innovation: A service-dominant logic perspective. Mis Quarterly 39(1), 155–175 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Moore, J.: Predators and prey: a new ecology of competition. Harvard Business Review 71(3), 75–86 (1993)Google Scholar
- 11.Sterman, J.D.: Business dynamics: systems thinking and modeling for a complex world. Irwin/McGraw-Hill, Boston (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Teece, D.J.: Business Ecosystem, pp. 1–4. Palgrave Macmillan UK, London (2016). http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-1-349-94848-2_724-1