Optimal Inspection Intervals for Multi-One-Shot Systems
In this chapter, we study an inspection scheduling problem for one-shot systems. The one-shot systems are composed of several components (Type 1 and 2 units), the systems are inspected periodically to detect systems failure, and the units are maintained preventively. The interval availability and life cycle cost are used as optimization criteria and are estimated by simulation. We aim to determine the inspection intervals, starting points of inspection of one-shot systems, preventive replacement ages of Type 1 units, and preventive maintenance thresholds of Type 2 units that minimize the life cycle cost and satisfy the target interval availability during inspection periods. A hybrid genetic algorithm with a heuristic method is proposed to find near-optimal solutions, and numerical examples are studied to investigate the effects of model parameters on the optimal solutions.
This research was supported by the Basic Science Research Program through the National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF), funded by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (NRF-2016R1D1A1A09919337).
- 13.Kitagawa T, Yuge T, Yanagi S (2015) Optimal maintenance policy of a multi-unit one-shot system with minimal repair. IEICE Trans Fundam 98-A:2077–2083Google Scholar
- 14.Kitagawa T, Yuge T, Yanagi S (2016) Periodic and non-periodic inspection policies for a one-shot system with minimal repair. J Jpn Ind Manag Assoc 66:385–387Google Scholar
- 15.Yun WY, Han YJ, Kim HW (2012) Simulation-based inspection policies for a one-shot system. In: Proceedings of the 5th Asia-Pacific international symposium, Nanjing, China, pp. 621–628Google Scholar
- 17.Avramidis AN, L’ecuyer P, Tremblay P-A (2003) Efficient simulation of gamma and variance-gamma processes. In: Proceedings of the 2003 winter simulation conference, 1, pp. 319–326Google Scholar
- 20.Yun WY, Han YJ, Kim HW (2013) Optimal inspection policies for a one-shot system with two types of units. In: Proceedings of the 9th international conference on intelligent manufacturing and logistics systems, Shanghai, China, pp. 136–141Google Scholar
- 22.Yun WY, Liu L, Han YJ, Rhee DW, Han CG (2013) Optimal inspection schedules for one-shot systems with two types of units. In: Proceedings of the international conference on quality, reliability, risk, maintenance and safety engineering, pp. 631–635Google Scholar
- 23.Yun WY, Liu L, Han YJ, Rhee DW, Han CG (2013) Simulation-based optimal inspection schedules for one-shot systems with two types of units. In: Proceedings of the 17th international conference on industrial engineering: theory, application and practice, pp. 314–320Google Scholar