Market Trends and Customer Segmentation for Data of Electronic Retail Store
Data analysis is comprised of a set of processes that allows a key support for making better decisions. The ability to analyse data in the field of retail trade allows companies to obtain valuable information such as understanding the profile of customers who demand a particular type of product, optimizing the price of certain products, identifying customers interested in such products and analysing the best way to approach them. This paper will present results obtained during the development of an analysis process on the data of an electronic retail store. The analysis will show the results obtained and validated by end users using different visualization techniques. Finally, the result of applying client segmentation using self-organized maps and the interpretation of their results in a visual way will be discussed.
KeywordsPostal Code Visualization Technique Price Range Data Mining Method Individual Customer
This work was partially funded by projects MINECO TEC2014-57022-C2-2-R, TEC2012-37832-C02-01.
- 2.Cisco: Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2015–2020. Technical report (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Muley, M., Joshi, A.: Application of data mining techniques for customer segmentation in real time business intelligence. Int. J. Innov. Res. Adv. Eng. 2(4), 106–109 (2014)Google Scholar
- 4.Ismail, M., Ibrahim, M.M., Sanusi, Z.M., Nat, M.: Data Mining in Electronic Commerce: Benefits and Challenges, pp. 501–509, December 2015Google Scholar
- 10.Chi, E.H.: A taxonomy of visualization techniques using the data state reference model. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization 2000, INFOVIS 2000, vol. 94301(Table 2), pp. 69–75 (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Langseth, J., Aref, F., Alarcon, J., Lindner, W.: Real-time data visualization of streaming data (2016)Google Scholar