rNPBST: An R Package Covering Non-parametric and Bayesian Statistical Tests
- 2k Downloads
Statistical tests has arisen as a reliable procedure for the validation of results in many kind of problems. In particular, due to their robustness and applicability, non-parametric tests are a common and useful tool in the process of design and evaluation of a machine learning algorithm or in the context of an optimization problem. New trends in the field of statistical comparison applied to the field of algorithms’ performance comparison indicate that Bayesian tests, which provides a distribution over the parameter of interest, are a promising approach.
In this contribution rNPBST (R Non-Parametric and Bayesian Statistical tests), an R package that contains a set of non-parametric and Bayesian tests for different purposes as randomness tests, goodness of fit tests or two-sample and multiple-sample analysis is presented. This package constitutes also a solution which integrates many of non-parametric and Bayesian tests in a single repository.
KeywordsNon-parametric tests Bayesian tests R Software
This work was supported by the Spanish National Research Projects TIN2014-57251-P and MTM2015-63609-R, and the Andalusian Research Plan P11-TIC-7765.
- 1.Alcalá, J., Fernández, A., Luengo, J., Derrac, J., García, S., Sánchez, L., Herrera, F.: Keel data-mining software tool: data set repository, integration of algorithms and experimental analysis framework. J. Multiple-Valued Logic and Soft Comput. 17(2–3), 255–287 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Benavoli, A., Corani, G., Mangili, F., Zaffalon, M., Ruggeri, F.: A Bayesian Wilcoxon signed-rank test based on the Dirichlet process. In: Proceedings of the 31th International Conference on Machine Learning, ICML 2014, Beijing, China, 21–26 June 2014, JMLR Workshop and Conference Proceedings, vol. 32, pp. 1026–1034 (2014). http://JMLR.org
- 5.Benavoli, A., Corani, G., Demsar, J., Zaffalon, M.: Time for a change: a tutorial for comparing multiple classifiers through bayesian analysis. CoRR abs/1606.04316 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Bernardo, J.M., Smith, A.F.: Bayesian Theory (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Calvo, B., Santafe, G.: scmamp: Statistical comparison of multiple algorithms in multiple problems. The R Journal Accepted for Publication (2015)Google Scholar
- 10.Derrac, J., García, S., Herrera, F.: Javanpst: Nonparametric statistical tests in java. ArXiv e-prints, January 2015Google Scholar
- 14.Hamilton, N.: ggtern: An Extension to ‘ggplot2’, for the Creation of Ternary Diagrams (2016). https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=ggtern, R package version 2.1.4