MOOC Quality Evaluation System: Tomsk State University Experience
E-learning development comes with an increased attention to its quality that is managed via the control over not only the learners’ knowledge but over the learning process, its organization and applied tools. This paper covers Tomsk State University experience in MOOC quality evaluation, in particular popular science MOOCs and specialized ones. The quality evaluation system implies the evaluation of the MOOC materials, the learning process and the results.
KeywordsMassive Open Online Courses MOOCs MOOC quality evaluation Popular science MOOC Specialized MOOC
The project “Development of educational online projects at TSU” is being supported by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation in the framework of Competitiveness Improvement Programme of the leading Russian universities (5–100 Programme).
- 1.Vasilkov, Y., Gushina, L.: Analysis of the effectiveness and efficiency of management systems based on system analysis methodology. Int. J. Qual. Res. 8(3), 347–356 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Putnik, G., Ávila, P.: Mechanisms to promote continuous improvement in quality management systems. Int. J. Qual. Res. 9(1), 1–8 (2015)Google Scholar
- 3.Moguš, A.M.: The use of quality management systems for e-learning. In: 6th International Conference on e-Learning (eLearning-2015) (2015). http://econference.metropolitan.ac.rs/files/pdf/2015/27-Ana-Mirkovic-Mogus-The-use-of-quality-management-systems-for-e-learning.pdf
- 5.Babanskaya, O.M., Mozhaeva, G.V., Feshchenko, A.V.: Quality management as a condition for the development of e-learning in a modern university. In: EDULEARN16, Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, 4–6th July 2016, Barcelona, Spain, pp. 4367–4373 (2016)Google Scholar
- 6.Babanskaya, O.M., Mozhaeva, G.V., Zakharova, U.S.: Integrating MOOCs into the system of lifelong learning: TSU experience. In: EDULEARN16, Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies, 4–6th July 2016, Barcelona, Spain, pp. 4353–4360 (2016)Google Scholar
- 7.Tomsk State University MOOC Project Website: http://mooc.tsu.ru/en
- 8.Quality Matters Website: http://www.qualitymatters.org/qa-resources/rubric-standards/higher-ed-rubric
- 9.ECBCheck Website: http://www.ecb-check.net/criteria-2/