Practical Actions in the City: Designs for an Environment
The aim of the present text is to explain the contents and the teaching of the course entitled “Product and Environment Colour Design”. This course is included in the “Specialization” called “Products for Collective Use” of the curriculum of the Master’s Degree in Design Engineering. It develops several concepts, procedures and, finally, the design of a specific product to be exhibited in urban environments and local stores. The proposed designs by the students of the Master’s degree are based on the study of colour and the interpretation of several featured authors with renewed artistic works and contemporaneous stiles. The present text explains two different ways of developing the final product designs: on one hand, students work throughout the design project learning; on the other hand, students work throughout the study of colours and shapes attending to the most influential contemporary art movements.
KeywordsArte-Diseño Lugar Escenografía
- Gombrich, E.H. 2002. La Historia del Arte. Debate.Google Scholar
- Julier, G. 2010. La cultura del diseño. Gustavo Gili Diseño.Google Scholar
- Munari, B. 2005. El arte como oficio. Idea Books.Google Scholar
- Press, M., and R. Cooper. 2009. El diseño como experiencia. El papel del diseño y los diseñadores en el siglo XXI. Gustavo Gili Diseño.Google Scholar
- Ricard, A. 2000. La aventura creativa. Arial.Google Scholar