State-of-the-Art Beach Governance from the Tree of Science Platform
A State-of-the-Art review of scientific literature related with beach governance is presented by utilizing the Tree of Science® tool – ToS. In a search conducted in November 2016, 47 papers were found in the Web of Science® with the combination of words ‘beach’ and ‘governance’. Papers were classified by ToS in roots (high input degree; n = 8), trunks (high intermediation degree; n = 9) and leaves (high output degree; n = 30). The Ocean and Coastal Management Journal was the most relevant journal, with 10 articles published (21,3%), and Elsevier was the most relevant publisher in this topic (n = 25; 53%). About authors, E. Ariza was the most relevant author, with articles in roots, trunks and leaves and participation in four of papers revised. Analysis by country of authors’ affiliation shows a leading by USA (n = 28; 18%), closely followed by the UK (n = 22; 14%) and Spain (n = 17; 11%). A general overview identifies a growing ToS in beach governance, with some strong references in trunks and leaves, and several other references receiving less attention by the scientific community. Finally, a prospective analysis from branches suggest that the scientific community is researching around four subtopics (Policy and legal framework, Participation/co-management, Resources Management, Public/Common Rights), which in the near future could be a new ToS in the forest of beach management theme.
- Bombana B, Conde D, Polette M (2016) Gestión de playas urbanas: un análisis comparativo de los procesos de gobernanza en las playas pocitos (Montevideo, Uruguay) y Central (Balneário Camboriú -SC, Brasil). Desenvolv e Meio Ambient. doi: 10.5380/dma.v36i0.43858
- Houston JR (2013) The economic value of beaches – a 2013 update. Shore and Beach 81:3–10Google Scholar
- Razali MK, Ismail HN (2015) The tourism place-making from a concept of governance. Int J Ecol Dev 30:88–97Google Scholar
- Robledo-Giraldo S, Duque-Méndez ND, Zuluaga-Giraldo J (2013) Difusión de productos a través de redes sociales: una revisión bibliográfica utilizando la teoría de grafos. Respuestas 18:28–42Google Scholar
- Robledo-Giraldo S, Osorio-Zuluaga GA, López-Espinosa C (2014) Networking en pequeña empresa: una revisión bibliográfica utilizando la teoria de grafos. Rev Vinculos 11:49 ST-Teoria de GrafosGoogle Scholar
- Turnipseed M, Roady SE, Sagarin R, Crowder LB (2009) The silver anniversary of the United States’ exclusive economic zone: twenty-five years of ocean use and abuse, and the possibility of a blue water public trust doctrine. Ecol Law Quart 36(1):1–70Google Scholar