A Pilot Study of Mining the Differences in Patterns of Customer Review Text Between US and China AppStore
With the fast growing of AppStore market and the developing of techniques in opinion mining, this study was aimed to investigate the sentiment and opinions of customer reviews in both China AppStore and US AppStore, and identify the difference of key term and patterns of apps reviews among different genres and between China AppStore and US AppStore. Results showed that there were small differences in using adjective words used or expressing key opinions. The result of this study could help publisher to extract useful customer feedback from customers reviews when publishing apps in foreign countries.
KeywordsCross-cultural product and service design Cultural differences Review mining
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC, Grant Number 71471095). This study was also supported by Tsinghua University Initiative Scientific Research Program under Grant Number: 20131089234.
- 1.Apple: Apple - choose your country or region. https://www.apple.com/choose-your-country
- 4.Chen, Y., Fay, S., Wang, Q.: Marketing implications of online consumer product reviews. Bus. Week 7150, 1–36 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.fxsjy: Jie ba - Chinese text segmentation. https://github.com/fxsjy/jieba
- 11.PGbiz: app store metrics. http://www.pocketgamer.biz/metrics/app-store/
- 12.Simmons, L.L., Mukhopadhyay, S., Conlon, S., Yang, J.: A computer aided content analysis of online reviews. J. Comput. Inf. Syst. 52(1), 43–55 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Statista: cumulative number of apps downloaded from the apple app store from July 2008 to September 2016 (in billions). http://www.statista.com/statistics/263794/number-of-downloads-from-the-apple-app-store