Nursing Care of the TBI Patient
Traumatic brain injury can be devastating to the patient as well as the family, resulting in lifelong physical and mental disabilities. It is important for the nurse to minimize complications to insure the best outcomes for these patients. Hypotension and hypoxia are directly related to increased morbidity and mortality in the severe TBI patient and must be avoided.
- 1.ACS TQIP. Best practices in the management of traumatic brain injury; January 2015.Google Scholar
- 2.Caring for patients with traumatic brain injuries: are you up to the challenges?; October 2009; Https://americannursetoday.com
- 3.Guidelines for the management of severe trauma brain injury, 3rd ed. 2007.Google Scholar
- 4.Nursing Management of Adults with severe traumatic brain injury; December 2009. AANN.Google Scholar
- 5.Trauma nursing: trauma brain injury. www.modernmedicine.com