Enhanced TDS Stability Analysis Method via Characteristic Quasipolynomial Polynomization
- 796 Downloads
Time delay systems own infinite spectra which cannot be simply analyzed or controlled. A way how to deal with this task consists of an approximation of the characteristic quasipolynomial by a polynomial that can be further handled via conventional tools. This contribution is aimed at an improved extrapolation method transforming a retarded quasipolynomial into a corresponding polynomial. It is equivalent to the finding of a finite-dimensional model related to an infinite-dimensional one describing a time delay system. The approximating polynomial is then used to analyze the dependence of delay values to exponential stability of the system. Two ideas are adopted and compared here; namely, a linear interpolation method via the Regula Falsi method, and the root Newton’s method with root tendency. The whole procedure is simply implementable by using standard software tools. To demonstrate this issue, a numerical example performed in MATLAB® & Simulink® environment is given to the reader.
KeywordsDelay dependent stability Quasipolynomial approximation Time delay systems
The work was performed with the financial support by the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic within the National Sustainability Programme project No. LO1303 (MSMT-7778/2014).
- 10.Engelborghs, K., Luzyanina, T., Samaye, G.: DDE-BIFTOOL v. 2.00: A Matlab Package for Bifurcation Analysis of Delay Differential Equations. Technical report TW-330, Department of Computer Science, K. U. Leuven, Leuven, Belgium (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Pekař, L., Navrátil, P.: Polynomial approximation of quasipolynomials based on digital filter design principles. In: Silhavy, R., Senkerik, R., Oplatkova, Z., Silhavy, P., Prokopova, Z. (eds.) Automation Control Theory Perspectives in Intelligent Systems. AISC, vol. 466, pp. 25–34. Springer, Cham (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Pekař, L., Prokop, R.: On delay (In)dependent stability for TDS. In: 2015 7th International Congress on Ultra Modern Telecommunications and Control Systems and Workshops (ICUMT), Brno, Czech Republic, pp. 73–78. IEEE Press, Brno (2015)Google Scholar
- 18.Pekař, L., Chalupa P.: A comparison of possible exponential polynomial approximations to get commensurate delays. In: MATEC Web of Conferences, vol. 76, p. 02012 (2016)Google Scholar
- 19.Pekař, L., Prokop, R.: Algebraic optimal control in RMS ring: a case study. Int. J. Math. Comput. Simul. 7, 59–68 (2013)Google Scholar