Robust Constrained Control: Optimization of 1 vs. 2 Closed-Loop Poles
- 773 Downloads
This paper presents optimization-based technique to design robust control system in case of control input limitations. The methodology uses the algebraic approach resulting in polynomial equations and a pole-placement problem to be solved. Closed-loop poles are optimized numerically with the help of the MATLAB computing system and its toolboxes for simulation and optimization. Suitable performance criteria and a procedure are suggested for this purpose. The case of 1 and 2 parameters optimization is illustrated on a nonlinear servo-system control design using both simulation and real-time experiments. Presented results prove the proposed methodology.
KeywordsConstrained control Polynomial approach Pole-placement problem Robust control Optimization AMIRA servo-system
This work, as a part of the project “Development and Applications of Advanced Process Control Methods”, was supported by the excellence projects strategy of Tomas Bata University in Zlin. This support is greatly acknowledged.
- 7.Miyamoto, S., Vinnicombe, G.: Robust control of plants with saturation nonlinearity based on coprime factor representations. In: 35th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Japan, pp. 2838–2840 (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Huba, M.: Robust constrained PID control. In: International Conference Cybernetics and Informatics, Vyšná boca, Slovak Republic, pp. 1–18 (2010)Google Scholar
- 10.Torchani, B., Sellami, A., Garcia, G.: Robust sliding mode control of class of linear uncertain saturated systems. Int. Rev. Autom. Control 6(2), 134–146 (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Bobál, V., Kubalčík, M., Chalupa, P., Dostál, P.: Self-tuning control of nonlinear servo system: comparison of LQ and predictive approach. In: 17th Mediterranaen Conference on Control and Automation, Thessaloniki, Greece, pp. 240–245 (2009)Google Scholar
- 16.Roubal, J., Augusta, P., Havlena, V.: A brief introduction to control design demonstrated on laboratory model servo DR300 – AMIRA. Acta Electrotechnica et Informatica 5(4), 1–6 (2005)Google Scholar
- 17.Gazdoš, F., Marholt, J.: Simulation approach to robust constrained control. Int. Rev. Autom. Control 7(5), 578–584 (2014)Google Scholar
- 18.Gazdoš, F., Marholt, J.: Optimization of closed-loop poles for robust constrained control. In: 20th International Conference on Process Control, PC 2015, Strbske Pleso, Slovakia, pp. 158–163 (2015)Google Scholar
- 19.Gazdoš, F.: Optimization of closed-loop poles for limited control action and robustness. In: 2nd International Afro-European Conference for Industrial Advancement, AECIA 2015, Paris, France, pp. 385–396 (2015)Google Scholar